• The FedEx Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've spent the last couple of days watching The Golf Channel and one of the adverts they keep showing makes a claim I doubt they believe, let alone anyone else believes!

I know none of us are likely to win any of them but let's see how many people agree with them.

What is golfs most coveted trophy?

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I guess it depends where you come from. I would imagine if you ask most US tour players they'd say Masters or US Open but most Europeans would say The Open. As far as tradition goes, for me it would be the Open as I was brought up on it as a kid

D

Deleted member 1418

I guess it depends where you come from. I would imagine if you ask most US tour players they'd say Masters or US Open but most Europeans would say The Open. As far as tradition goes, for me it would be the Open as I was brought up on it as a kid

Most of the top US tour pros would probably still say the Claret Jug as they understand the importance of, and history, of the Open given they would play in it more than your average PGA tour pro.

There's only one Champion Golfer of the Year so it's the Claret Jug.

Saying that, the Bushey Hall Club Championship is the one I covet the most!! 😂 Definitely my year this year!! 😉😀

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Post this on a US website and the Masters will come up no.1. Put it on a UK website and it is The Open.

It would be interesting to ask golfers from Asia, possibly other European countries, as they probably have a more neutral view.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Blackmoor winter mixed greensomes stableford :thup:

Is there a board for that Rich? :D

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The Americans should be answering between the US Open trophy and the Claret Jug & probably the former
Outside the US its really just the Claret Jug as a clear fav

The green jacket shouldn't really factor as a trophy (the actual masters trophy is a little bit like a model and doubt anyone covets it because they don't get it, even for a year)

The fedex cup trophy isn't really anything out the ordinary as far as modern trophy's go and the wanamaker is well ahead of it

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Personally if you were asking me if I could win any tournament in the world what would it be. Then I would say the Masters as it is my favourite.

But if you are asking me which tournament is the most prestigious then The Open without a shadow of a doubt