Golfing with Type 2 Diabetes?

z_shakir

Banned
Visit site
Before beginning any exercise routine, is it important for persons with Type 2 diabetes to undergo a thorough examination by their doctor

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure about a thourough examination, but i think it would be a great idea to pop in for an informal chat and some good advice.

Correct snacks, quantity and type of drinks, medication and emergancy procedures should all be set up before you play and the Doc will be the best person to advise on all of these!

I dont understand Diabetes, Some people I know drink coke and eat sweet saying 'yeah am a diabetic need to keep me suger levels up' and others I know stay as far away from these things as possible.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm responding in trepidation as the person starting this thread started a golfing technology debate and then carefully whacked a spam advert in. This smacks of a helpful website address coming my way soon.

I am type 2 diabetic who doesn't produce enough insulin which as a result means my diabetes is controlled by medication and diet (no cakes, sugar in tea, excessive fat etc) but all I did was tell my doctor and practice nurse I played golf and both were fine. It is silly unless there is a serious condition (heart problems etc) to undergo a thorough examination and no GP I know would waste valuable time doing one.

I am however allowed to eat one cereal bar and drink one regular bottle of lucozade sport on hot days as a combination of my perspiration and the physical exercise means the body burns off the majority of any excess sugar.