Push trolley axle rod - can a spare be sourced?

ClicketyClick

Visit site
Looking to see if a replacement part can be sourced, have tried in vain by Googling "push trolley axle rod" and similar terms but with no joy yet. The part itself is 5 maybe 6" in length, with a thread at one end and hooked at the otherTrolley_Rod2.jpg, and fits at least 2 or 3 generic different-name same-build push trolleys. Any ideas folks? Thanks!Trolley_Rod.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is wrong with the existing one?

That looks like hollow tubing to me.

If you have broken it just epoxy glue a support piece inside the tubing.

ClicketyClick

Visit site
What is wrong with the existing one?

That looks like hollow tubing to me.

If you have broken it just epoxy glue a support piece inside the tubing.

The rod in the bottom pic is actually broken, I've carefully placed it to look as if it's in one piece solely so as it can be recognised. It's not hollow and is probably cast iron. Top pic, white trolley, the other rod (not in view) has a slight bend caused by a knock.

If able to source the part, I can salvage a spare push trolley out of what's left!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I had a Masters Golf push trolley prior to buying my Powakaddy a few years ago, and those tie bars were notoriously susceptible to shearing. I used to email the manufacturer and they were happy to send replacement parts. Not expensive either.

IanMcC

Visit site

I would contact these.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The rod in the bottom pic is actually broken, I've carefully placed it to look as if it's in one piece solely so as it can be recognised. It's not hollow and is probably cast iron. Top pic, white trolley, the other rod (not in view) has a slight bend caused by a knock.

If able to source the part, I can salvage a spare push trolley out of what's left!
If you cannot source a spare put a sleeve over the broken section and epoxy resin it in place.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would clean the paint of the areas to be joined, and silver solder them together. Having done that, then brace it with some metal splints epoxy'd in place.
Sadly, it's just Chinese tat made to look half decent and not intended to be repaired like most things now.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Could be way out here but that looks like you could use a roofing hook bolt which would be a lot heavier duty. You would just need to bend under heat

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Could be way out here but that looks like you could use a roofing hook bolt which would be a lot heavier duty. You would just need to bend under heat

Tried that and other DIY options when mine broke. The tie bars are a very precise fit so nothing else worked for me.