golfers elbow ?

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
has anybody suffered from golfers elbow ?? is it the same as tennis elbow ?... well i have got a dodgy left elbow and left shoulder and cant go ballbashin .. i havent been out since end november and its driving me up the wall .. i have a hospital appointment on 1st of march and i think i am having a cortisone injection to sort it out .. however i am not sure if my shoulder injury is connected or not.. has anybody else suffered theses same injuries and what is the recovery time ?

kind regards

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
i have had it when i played 36 holes everyday for three weeks! It is exactly the same as tennis elbow straining the same tendon in the elbow.
I just played through it but having had a knackered knee i would reccommend that you play (so you aggrovate it) then put ice on it - well thats what the NHS suggest

jacetheace

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi my right elbow has been playing me up for quite a few months now,when i straighten it up it makes a nice crunching sound,my left shoulder has been very painful since before christmas but i just keep on playing,not been to the doctor yet,was hoping when the weather warms up it will go!! :D

jeffc

Head Pro
Visit site
Have had it, doctor tried tablets and cream before finally giving the cortisone injection, trying to save a few quid probably.

Had no trouble since, I believe it was agravated by irons which were not suited to me , MP30's with a stiff shaft, too difficuilt to hit and too heavy from the stiff shaft.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
No, golfers elbow is not tennis elbow. Tennis elbow hurts on the outside of the elbow, golfers elbow on the inside. Both can be alleviated by wearing an epicondylitis strap, such as is sold by Epimed.

Cortisone injections are not very good for you long term.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, golfers elbow is not tennis elbow. Tennis elbow hurts on the outside of the elbow, golfers elbow on the inside. Both can be alleviated by wearing an epicondylitis strap, such as is sold by Epimed.

Cortisone injections are not very good for you long term.

Well said that man. The Mrs is sitting next to me (she is a physio) and rather impressed with your knowledge Murph!

w1ndw1ll

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had tennis elbow, years of playing, would you believe, tennis, Have had cortisone injections. My advice is don't have the injections unless it gets really serious. Firstly it bloody hurts and more importantly not too good for your health long term. I get 'elbow' now if I play too many holes in a week, I find rest is the answer. I only get it in my right elbow (which leads me to believe I'm hitting it wrong!!)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As long as I don't have a golf club in my hands, keep my gob shut, and hide behind a large screen, I can appear quite impressive. Sometimes. Maybe.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I guess the next step is amputation then. Sounds tough.

Seriously, my physio says he can fix golfers/tennis elbow, and I would go down this route rather than injections.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had this trouble over the last 6-8 months. Used a chiropractor and at first wondered if I was wasting my money, it's a slow process, but decided to carry on. I was given a gel ice pack to use every evening, along with a few arm and shoulder exercises. I've also used a tennis elbow support bandage, from Boots. Which was very helpful when playing golf or DIY type of work and generally trying not to put the arm under too much stress,and using my left more.

Think I've finally cracked it now and haven't needed support for the last 2 rounds and with no ill affect. :D

Golfmmad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I aggravated an old tennis elbow injury in August last year and am still being troubled by it, despite not playing much golf at all over the last 3 months or so.
It's been reasonably ok the last couple of times out, but sometimes even just picking up a full cup of coffee reminds me that it is still there.
Not too bad on the wet fairways we are experiencing at the moment but I'm not looking forward to playing on dry ones again unless it has cleared up completely.