Golfers Biographies

Range_Ball

Club Champion
Visit site
Has anyone read any good biographies on golfers past or present which are actually worth a read if so have you got any good reccomendations as i have just finished SEVE "Golfs Flawed Genius". (not really a biography as it was written by Robert Green) Still and interesting read.

Regards

RB

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not exactly a golfers biography but Caddy For Life by John Feinstein about Tom Watsons caddy Bruce edwards is well worth a read.

Have some tissues ready though it's a weepie!

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
Great thread.. i been looking for somthing too. I also read Seve its was prety good for the first half but then it got really hard going towards the end.
I will check out some of those recomendeds this weekend i think.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Andi...........agreed John Daly's book was good.Rest are all written by 'ghost writers'and are therefore sanitised and basically crap(no law,libel suits,etc,,)
Give us the truth on who the 'dicks and the pissheads are are and I'll buy them all'

Cheers Jimbo(no kisses) :eek:

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Dalys is a great read and agree on Montys too.....another great read is Frank Macavennies,oh no sorry forgot, he was a footballer but I do believe he has had several holes in one...... :p

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Read, Monty's, Faldo's and Seve's and I'd rate them in that order for interest.

When you buy an autobiography I think you expect to read something you never knew about the person, a little insight into how they work, how they think. Seve's was just so unrevealing about the man and I was very disappointed. Faldo's was very illuminating, especially about how he basically held Seve in such awe, which I think you can see whenever they meet.