Golfbidder, credit where it's due

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
You really find out what a company's customer service is like when something goes wrong. I recently bought new irons & before doing so got a quote for the sale of my old Mizunos from Golfbidder. The price they offered was very fair, better than the part exchange offered to me by the pro from whom I was buying the new ones & more than some of the similar sets I'd seen sold on EBay. So I went ahead & bought the new clubs for cash, sending my Mizunos to Golfbidder. I was disappointed to receive an e mail from Golfbidder telling me they could not accept my clubs because the 9 iron did not match the rest of the set, the step patttern & serial number differed. On receiving them back it was obvious that they had mistaken the pitching wedge, bought separately later on, for the 9 iron, which was part of the set I was fitted for.

After an exchange of e mails Golfbidder agreed to take another look & sent me another label to send them the clubs. They have subsequently sent me a cheque for the agreed amount. They have only charged me the cost of one parcel, which I think is very decent of them and, on the basis of this experience, I would not hesitate to use them again.

It is also worth mentioning that the price offered by Golfbidder was well in excess of the price offered by another similar company.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
I find Golfbidder excellent in every aspect. Their 7 day no quibble returns are excellent if you want to try some clubs....I recently ordered three 3 woods, tried them all over a couple of range sessions, then returned 2 of them within the 7 day period.

D

Deleted member 23344

I have bought from, and sold to, Golfbidder ... always excellent service.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought from them for my last set of clubs, wanted the "safety" of knowing that i was getting what I was buying and getting it quickly.

They also resolved an issue quickly for me, which was my own fault by admission, no issues. Worth the extra price to the ebay option for me. However i don't plan on using them again, will go down ebay as i slowly rotate clubs out of the bag, or if spending more money i'll go new and custom :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Golfbidder and golfclubs4cash will grow and grow as the price of new gear rockets.. so many bargains to have

However I refuse to sell to golf bidder anymore .. offer far to low and costs a lot to post to them

Golf clubs for cash offer so much more and send you a label for £5 for the postage .. brilliant

I wanted to sell a driver and 3 wood recently was offered £70 for both

Golf clubs for cash offered me £60 for 3 wood and American golf gave me £60 for the driver

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
I must be the only person that's had a bad experience with them. They didn't bother replying to my e-mail, even though it was a polite query.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always found them first class. I was fortunate that their old premises were not far from my old house so could take stuff down in person to sell while visiting my mum. Since they've moved down the road from Callaway in Chessington I don't go down as often but I have found going in person having got a quote online first, they will offer more having seen the clubs in person and will negotiate on price face to face. Of course, I appreciate that's not an option for many on here. I have always found their prices reasonable for both buying and selling so I've no issues with their service at all

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not dealt with Golfbidder directly - although when I have changed clubs i found out that the trade in my pro gives me is via Golfbidder, and it's always been a reasonable amount. I recently traded in my XR Hybrids and got £140 off my Apex's.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've used Golfbidder extensively as they're just down the road from me so I can pop in and see what they have in person.

When I've sold to them I've always gone for the highest rating I think my clubs can conceivably get away with and I've never had any quibbles from them when I've taken the clubs in.

When buying I've always thought that the ratings they give the clubs are conservative and usually I think that they probably deserve better than they've quoted!!

Would happily use the again, and almost certainly will do!