Golf Vlogs UK - People's Ryder Club

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Have a lot of respect for Liam and what he's done with the channel. He's still doing some good content but unfortunately this isn't his best work and nothing more than a video of a boys holiday. Love the concept of the Ryder Cup but not the vlogs

Was it meant to be anything else ?

It showcases a side to golf that a lot of people don’t think exists the quicker this sport can ditch the stigma of archaic clubhouse rules and over zealous dress codes the better

Chris1980

Head Pro
Visit site
Think Liam has created something different for the amateurs of golf and his videos are a refreshing change from some of the other youtubers. He doesn't do the club reviews etc as he knows theres not much point with so many doing them, so instead films himself OMP and Dick playing. Obviously not for everyone.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was it meant to be anything else ?

It showcases a side to golf that a lot of people don’t think exists the quicker this sport can ditch the stigma of archaic clubhouse rules and over zealous dress codes the better
As I said, Liam does some good stuff but I just don't find these videos funny or interesting and it's not the sort of thing I want to watch. I think personally, those that think golf is archaic aren't going to be swayed and if anything they may think this laddish behaviour equally appalling. I know he's not doing these videos for that reason and I'm merely responding to the point you raised

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
As I said, Liam does some good stuff but I just don't find these videos funny or interesting and it's not the sort of thing I want to watch. I think personally, those that think golf is archaic aren't going to be swayed and if anything they may think this laddish behaviour equally appalling. I know he's not doing these videos for that reason and I'm merely responding to the point you raised
Laddish yes a wee bit, but nothing too unruly. Personally speaking, I didn’t enjoy the language on the coach, but that’s just me. I can swear with the best of them, but don’t want thousands of people hearing it.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In all honesty didn't expect that i'd like the videos but, have found them very entertaining, i do'nt think that it would work without the language, since its more of a fly on the wall type video that a crisp edited coverage of the course.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
i find Liam pretty cringeworthy, i completely understand what he is trying to by making a relaxed golf channel but still. Also iv heard a rumour that he tried to tap up Sale Golf Club in Cheshire for a free membership (claiming he would bring in loads of visitors) he also wanted them to cover his fuel costs and for him to have priority on tee times. A very deluded man if those stories are true

I prefer stories like these to have some substance prior to posting them on a public forum.

D

Deleted member 15344

i find Liam pretty cringeworthy, i completely understand what he is trying to by making a relaxed golf channel but still. Also iv heard a rumour that he tried to tap up Sale Golf Club in Cheshire for a free membership (claiming he would bring in loads of visitors) he also wanted them to cover his fuel costs and for him to have priority on tee times. A very deluded man if those stories are true

https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/golf-vlogs-uk-liam-harrison.103144/

So you appear to have a personal grudge with him

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t watch him then. I take it you have something against this person as you obviously joined the forum to bad mouth this man

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Linky no worky ? What have I missed ?

Deleted probably.

As far as I can see, they are taking the stuffiness out of golf and encouraging people to enjoy golf and not take it too seriously - particularly if you are not trying to be a professional.

if it brings people in to play golf - well done because there are plenty of things that put people off.

16 of us have just been away to play and the golf has not been particularly great from all of us - but we all had a great time. It is a social event and they show that. We should remember it and enjoy ourselves.

User20204

Visit site
I know Liam personally and The Dick as it happens and can tell you for a fact, he is one of the most endearing people you will ever meet, genuine and likeable guy. His channel is now his full time job, I personally have no issues with him trying to make money of getting the odd deal.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only discovered it in the last week or so and absolutely love it. Obviously you can’t please everyone as we all have different tastes, but I think he’s very funny and engaging. The videos are clearly aimed at those of us who don’t take golf too seriously.

The likes of Crossfield and shields are boring now (in my opinion).

Good on him, I hope he does well out of it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd never heard of this Liam chap or his channel, but I've been watching Golf Sidekick loads recently - and yesterday they did a crossover where they did a video for each other's channel. So I saw a video with this Liam and 'Old Man Pat', which was alright. Liam's accent is a bit gratingly regional for me, but I might give his other videos a go if they're in the same style as Golf Sidekick, Just Your Average Golfer, Robin Matthews-Williams etc. I enjoy these kind of YouTube channel that try and cut through the BS and nonsense around golf and get to the basics of playing your swing and enjoying the game.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally I enjoy the channel. Just people enjoying golf. Many of the big reviewers are now too formulaic or just a bit dull. In fact I have noticed some of the bigger golf vlogers perhaps taking a few tips form this channel with some of the more fun comparisons or trying out obscure golf products. Pretty much the only golf I watch on youtube now. Not one for online swing tips and am very distrusting of a number of reviewers now that they have become part of the golf media circus.

Not sure if it is the case but having watched the video about the prostate cancer day, I get a feeling that the bigger, more serious golf vloggers look down a bit on Liam and his channel which would be a pity.