Golf union alternative

D

Deleted member 18588

I totally agree with this position, that is not nice that this firm is a monopoly
It's not a "firm".

It's a not for profit, governing body.

How do you propose golf should be administered if there were multiple such organisations?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
As governing bodies go, They seem to be doing a fair job. They mithered the Government to get golf back on, they've implemented a new H/C system that most amateur players have been calling for, they send out e mails keeping us informed of what is going on. I don't need my governing body to do much else really. Apart from appear much less stuffy when appearing on TV and far too posh. That aside, s'all good.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is a bit like saying should somebody other than the R&A/USGA set a different set of Rules for the game to be played to.

D

Deleted member 1147

We need:
England Golf Union,
England Union of Golfers,
England Golf Society,
England society of golfers,
England Golf,
Golf England,
Society of England golfers,
Union of England Golfers,

Any more?

D

Deleted member 15344

As governing bodies go, They seem to be doing a fair job. They mithered the Government to get golf back on, they've implemented a new H/C system that most amateur players have been calling for, they send out e mails keeping us informed of what is going on. I don't need my governing body to do much else really. Apart from appear much less stuffy when appearing on TV and far too posh. That aside, s'all good.

Are you getting confused with the R&A ?

You don’t see the EG representives on Telly