Golf trips

Black gold

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anyone got one booked this year?

I'm thinking of booking one thinking around the carlisle area can anyone suggest any where?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thursday we are off to Irvine,Turnberry then Machrahanish.Superb,looking forward to the craic as much as the golf and the journey from Turnberry to Machrahanish should be a belter especially the ice cream stop at Wemyss Bay!

On second thoughts with this weather it may have to be a hot chocolate stop!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thursday we are off to Irvine,Turnberry then Machrahanish.Superb,looking forward to the craic as much as the golf and the journey from Turnberry to Machrahanish should be a belter especially the ice cream stop at Wemyss Bay!

On second thoughts with this weather it may have to be a hot chocolate stop!

Or a coffee stop in Tarbet, speak to thecraw ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ayrshire - golf's own country (I hope) in the last week in May.

Greenock open booked, Elderslie, Old ranfurly as possible options, none others booked yet as will book when up there. Hoping to pick from amongst Dundonald, Irvine or possibly one of the gailles. I fancied Troon but the other lads didn't fancy laying out that much.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Loads on for me this year, quite a few 36 hole opens, trip to Rye in a couple of weeks, Trilby Tour, Eden Tournament at St Andrews for a week in August then 2 weeks in Myrtle Beach in October.

Happy days :whoo:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Has anyone got one booked this year?

I'm thinking of booking one thinking around the carlisle area can anyone suggest any where?

Saunton in North Devon for me again this year. Hoping to include a game at Burnham and Berrow on the way down, and might try Ilfracombe if it is not too windy. Two courses at Saunton just superb, especially the East.

Next year it is St Andrews revisited.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Saunton in North Devon for me again this year. Hoping to include a game at Burnham and Berrow on the way down, and might try Ilfracombe if it is not too windy. Two courses at Saunton just superb, especially the East.

Next year it is St Andrews revisited.

Are you playing in Saunton's 36 hole open in August?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yes, I play both their events every year (Easter and August), always very tough but great fun. Weather at Easter this year was absolutely foul so hopefully good in August to make up for it.

When are you going down? And how many of you?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Turnberry in September with the troops for the weekend and Ireland for a week in 4 weeks time to play the Causeway Coast Comp again .

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, I play both their events every year (Easter and August), always very tough but great fun. Weather at Easter this year was absolutely foul so hopefully good in August to make up for it.

When are you going down? And how many of you?

First week in November, Sunday to Wednesday, when we get all the cheap deals on the golf and the Saunton Sands Hotel. £40 to play Sauntons, which includes lunch.;) Last time we went at that time we played in tshirts with no wind, and the courses were in superb condition. Fingers crossed for this year. Should be about 8 of us, Sunday to Wednesday trip

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Off to Spain in a couple of weeks to play Montecastillo.........great golf course, plenty of sun and a few cold beers!
Family holiday in July with another couple, going to Madeira & taking the clubs. A couple of fabulous course there.
Blackmoor in October, but you already know about that one.

Slime.

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm off to Vegas in Summer, so will be booking a couple of rounds somewhere special. Need to find HID somewhere that'll offer a spa treatment as a little bit of a bargaining tool...

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm off to Vegas in Summer, so will be booking a couple of rounds somewhere special. Need to find HID somewhere that'll offer a spa treatment as a little bit of a bargaining tool...

Checkout the Bellagio for spa treatments, that will get you some serious brownie points :thup:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Writing this from Dublin airport waiting to board my flight to Orlando, meeting another forummer (markyjee) out there for a couple of rounds, not sure which courses as we organising it once we get there and see what deals we can get.

Must be the furthest afield forum meet so far is it?

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Checkout the Bellagio for spa treatments, that will get you some serious brownie points :thup:

That is where we will be staying, it's the only way to do it.

I'll just need to find a slick golf course to spend a few hours on. Not too fussed about cost of a round, my poker winnings should cover that.... touch wood!