Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

HeftyHacker

Visit site
It's my partners due date today. Had a midwife appointment who suggested "I want you to go on a long walk, have a hot curry and lots of s*x"

I jokingly floated the idea of walking round the local golf course since its next to the hospital and the up and down nature means you're never far from the car.

Partners response "you know, that's not the worst idea ever..."

Anyway. Heres a picture my partner took of me walking down the first 😂

IMG-20230220-WA0005.jpg

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's my partners due date today. Had a midwife appointment who suggested "I want you to go on a long walk, have a hot curry and lots of s*x"

I jokingly floated the idea of walking round the local golf course since its next to the hospital and the up and down nature means you're never far from the car.

View attachment 46579

she’s a keeper!

sunshine

Visit site

View attachment 46579

I remember having the same conversation in 2013 with the same 3 options: my wife chose the walk around the golf course and the curry but not the 3rd option.:ROFLMAO:
First and last time I've seen her on a golf course.

Good luck to you and your partner with the new baby!

D

Deleted member 31467

Shooting 77 on a par 72 then realising the CR is 74.1 and the slope is 141

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Maybe an odd one for some, but carrying. The course I play never bans trolleys but I had gone back to carrying over winter while there, just easier, less messy & I feel less wear on the course. The last couple of weeks could have easily pulled out the leccy, course up at full length, oppo was wearing spikeless shoes today - but I've had no inclination to do so. The time will come no doubt, though while the back isn't complaining am just enjoying flinging the bag in the boot and going 👍

Buckles01

Visit site
An ad hoc solo quick 9 before the rain came in this afternoon. Accompanied by my 7 year old son who had never stepped foot on a golf course before or shown any interest whatsoever. He was tasked with ball spotting, a role that he fulfilled with gusto, marching off the tee with purpose walking to the spot with unerring accuracy, he was delighted to find three golf balls as we searched for an errant drive. His encouragement and astonishment watching his 14hc Dad strike the ball made me feel like a pga pro. He read putts remarkably well explaining what he thought would happen. I took a child’s putter with me and he dealt with anything within gimmie range. On the drive home he pondered the afternoon and asked “when can I go golfing with you again Dad?” 😊

Golfnut1957

Visit site
An ad hoc solo quick 9 before the rain came in this afternoon. Accompanied by my 7 year old son who had never stepped foot on a golf course before or shown any interest whatsoever. He was tasked with ball spotting, a role that he fulfilled with gusto, marching off the tee with purpose walking to the spot with unerring accuracy, he was delighted to find three golf balls as we searched for an errant drive. His encouragement and astonishment watching his 14hc Dad strike the ball made me feel like a pga pro. He read putts remarkably well explaining what he thought would happen. I took a child’s putter with me and he dealt with anything within gimmie range. On the drive home he pondered the afternoon and asked “when can I go golfing with you again Dad?” 😊
Class(y)