Golf Swing Analysis Software

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anybody got software at home they use to maybe view, slow down, analyse their own swing or seen their pro using a specific title?

Any titles much appreciated.

Andy

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There are 3 main systems. Gasp, C Swing and the V1 system.
You can download a free trial and see which one you like. I use the V1 for my teaching and it only costs about £40 (compared to well over £1000 for the pro version)It's ideal for slow motion, drawing lines and split screen to compare 2 swings at once
Just ry them and see which one you like.
A word of caution. Not all of them can view all types of files so phone cams may not work

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bob thanks for the recomendation. I've looked at the V1 in the past and thought it looked good enough for my needs.

Will try the demo and see what I think.

Onto the actual filming, can you tell me what camcorder you use please? I'm currently in the market for one but unsure of spec, regarding, manual shutter speed and the like. Does ur camcorder have all the mod cons or would you think a lesser one would suffice?

Thanks

Andy

Mawgan

Club Champion
Visit site
Andy,

You don't mention whether your interest is as an amateur viewer or as a professional user. I certainly fall into the former category and have used CSwing. My pro uses it for video lessons and kindly gave me a restricted usage version so that I could view footage at home on my own PC. It seems very versatile to me, allowing split screen comparisons with earlier efforts or with the swings of different (inevitably better!) players, where the pace of the replay can be varied and reversed to better enable the learning process.

I have found it really helpful in eradicating a flying right elbow on my backswing, and trying to turn a cricket shot into a golf swing!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was going to ask about this yesterday after posting my videos on here. I was looking at the V1 software which has a free download and thought it might help me. Any views on the merits or negatives.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Homer, the free download has some restrictions such as you cant split the screen and have 2 different swing on at the same time
The good thing is you can do just about everything else you need.
I think the C swing has more Gizmos but all you really need is slow motion, freeze frame, frame advance the ability to draw lines and your away
You can buy the next V1 up which is about £40 a bargain considering the Pro version is over £1000
I use the £40 version coz I'm a poor pro and all you bleeders are getting all my tips free. :mad:

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mawgan

Just an amateur looking to see whats happening in my swing. Never seen mine on film and I'm interested by what I'd see lol.

I'll have a look at CSwing.

Thanks again.

Andy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Actually there was an article in GM this month about webgolfcoach.com and you can load V1 software v2.0 home edition for £10. It gives you split screen, drawing tools, slow more and frame by frame, the ability to load your swing from digital camera (I loaded yesterdays really easily) and has a library of pro swings (many I've not heard of mind) to view alongside. yours. I had a picture of Fred Funk down the line and apart from we both had a club in our hand the two bore little resemblance.

It may not be the most sophisticated software but for £10 it will do everything I need it to looking at my swing

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Pro uses V1 & it does seem a very good system.

The Leadbetter interactive box set comes with swing analysis software which I have. Not tried the software, but with good offers on the DVD box set, it could be worth looking at.

Infact, I think I'll load it onto the laptop & see if its any good.

Visit site
I got my V1 software with Leadbetter Interactive and find it very useful. £38 from ebay.

Bob, you are wrong I'm afraid, I have a JVC Hard Disk Camcorder and it works perfectly ok with it. You just need to download some supporting software.