Golf Sponsorship Opportunity

mjyounie

Club Champion
Visit site
My name is Michael Younie, I am 19 years of age and I have just finished my first year competing well on the Jamega Tour. Looking ahead to next season and I am currently trying to find sponsorship. I know I have a bright future ahead of me and will achieve my goals of winning major championships and competing in Ryder Cups. I have a sponsorship prospectus that I can send out to anyone interested.

Here are a few of my career highlights to date:
Amateur highlights
· Winner of the Filton College Championships
· Winner of the Frilford Heath Junior Gold Medal with a 2 round total of -7 (Lowest winning total)
· Member of the Winning Intercollegiate Tour team, Filton College at the 2011 national finals
· Winner of the 2011 Frilford Heath Men's Gold Medal
· 6th place finish at the 2011 Intercollegiate Tour Individual Finals
· Winner of Avon schools 2011

· Winner of the 2011 Southwest Schools championship, 2 round total of -4
· 4th at the England Schools Stroke Play Championships with a score of -3
· Successfully negotiated 3 rounds of qualifying to gain a place in the England Schools Team, winning 2 out of the 3 rounds and a qualification total of -8
· 21st at the Carris Trophy 2011
· Made the stroke play cut at the 2011 Boys Amateur Championships before being knocked out on the 21st hole in the match play stages.
· Represented England schools against Scotland and Wales, winning 2 out of 3 points.
· 10th at the Darwin Salver (English u’21 championships) in March 2012
· Voted Filton college ‘Hardest working’ by my peers and coaches.
· 4th place finish at the 2011 South Of England Boys Championship

Professional Results

· Tied 18th, first pro event, Jamega Tour, Hatifield (New). April 2012.
· Tied 43th, Jamega Tour, Cumberwell Park. May 2012.
· Tied 43rd, Jamega Tour, Frilford. June 2012.
· Tied 38th, Jamega Tour, Studley Wood. July 2012.
· Tied 24th, Jamega Tour, Hatifield. July 2012
· Tied 26th, Jamega Tour, Heythrop Park, July 2012
· Tied 27th, Jamega Tour, The Players, August 2012

Twitter- MjYounie
Website- Currently under construction

Many thanks for reading and please do not hesitate to contact me

Many thanks

Last edited:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am not in a position personally to sponsor you, but I was having a look at your results in the Jamega events you have listed. I think it would be worth putting down what your total score was along with the winners score as that will give potential sponsors something to initially evaluate you on rather than making them go find it, as this is what they are going to be interested in.

Good luck Michael and I hope you can find a sponsor to help you try and achieve your dream.

mjyounie

Club Champion
Visit site
I pulled out at mentmore after 10 holes due to a finger injury I picked up in the gym 3 days before the event. I thought it was a little risky but I was playing well so I decided to play. I was playing ok in the event but the pain was getting gradually worse and with it being so early in the season I didnt was to risk making it any worse by playing on. I figured it was the smart thing to do in the long run.

mjyounie

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi, Yes, i have access to a coach. I am currently seeing Rob Watts over the winter months. I record results and notes from every practise session and keep stats.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good luck Michael, to be brutally honest you need to improve your results a fair bit to attract a serious sponsor. Good to see that you have a good work attitude. Two bits of experience that I hope you take in the spirit they are offered.

Are you really working as hard as you think you should to make it to the top ?
If you are good enough sponsors will find you rather than you searching for them ?

Play as many money matches as you can with your peers. Again, if you are good enough it will help with your expenses.
There are plenty of deluded young men on the satelite tours that you should be able to take money off.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It ma be an idea to list the types of helping your looking for , and it could also be worth approaching local independent golf stores near you. Unfortunately sponsorship is a two way thing so instead of asking for what you need sell it to the business as in what they would get from helping you. For example if they are a shop, free lessons and coaching for younger customers, or if their a private business lessons/coaching/help for its staff and customers .

I used to sponsor a fair amount of up and coming young motocross riders and the ones that got the help were always the ones who thought about it from my perspective and how I could benefit from sponsoring them ;)

mjyounie

Club Champion
Visit site
It ma be an idea to list the types of helping your looking for , and it could also be worth approaching local independent golf stores near you. Unfortunately sponsorship is a two way thing so instead of asking for what you need sell it to the business as in what they would get from helping you. For example if they are a shop, free lessons and coaching for younger customers, or if their a private business lessons/coaching/help for its staff and customers .

I used to sponsor a fair amount of up and coming young motocross riders and the ones that got the help were always the ones who thought about it from my perspective and how I could benefit from sponsoring them ;)

Thanks!!

mjyounie

Club Champion
Visit site
To anyone interested, I do have various sponsorship packages avaliable, detailing the benefit to you/ your company!!