Golf Sock Recommendations

Worth Investing in good golf socks for summer or wait til winter?

• Do it now!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Wait for winter

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

karenburton1305

Visit site
Hi All!

Happy July! Everyone excited for a summer full of golf? Me and my husband are hoping to get away towards the end of the year and play abroad so fingers crossed!!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for golf socks, or whether you just wear normal cotton socks etc with your golf shoes. There are typically more golf socks for men out there, but I've been looking for some golf socks for women like these ones. But with the summer coming, I'm not sure whether it's worth investing in heavy golf socks or whether I'm better sticking to casual trainer socks from places like Primark? What do you think? Do proper golf socks affect your game/how much you enjoy when you play and your comfort?

Not sure whether to wait until winter to invest in proper golf socks???

D

Deleted member 1147

Proper golf socks are definitely better.
My swing speed increased immensely when I got som Footjoy socks.

Alternatively you can save money and get trainer socks and be absolutely fine.

For winter some people buy those sealskinz socks I believe, which are waterproof

karenburton1305

Visit site
Proper golf socks are definitely better.
My swing speed increased immensely when I got som Footjoy socks.

Alternatively you can save money and get trainer socks and be absolutely fine.

For winter some people buy those sealskinz socks I believe, which are waterproof

Oh wow! How can socks impact your swing speed? Is it to do with your stability???

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used normal socks for years but then was given some Footjoy socks a couple of years ago as a present. The heel and sole are thicker and they really are comfier. In the hot weather recently I went out in standard trainer socks and they were a little thin, they are standard Puma ones from Costco. Great for normal wear, not enough for golf. I bought some Puma ones from AG, £8 for 3 pairs, and like the FJ ones they have extra padding on the heel and sole. They are much better and I am pleased I got them.

I know people will laugh about being sucked in to buying golf socks but I suspect walking socks will do the same job. Basically a little added padding in the right areas is worth having. Look after your feet :D.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh wow! How can socks impact your swing speed? Is it to do with your stability???
You missed the heavy sarcasm in that I'm afraid. It's a running gag on here, rightly so on the whole, about how golf marketing promises the earth, most of it bogus. If you read the 3rd line of JamesR post more carefully then you will get it.

D

Deleted member 1147

Sorry, we always joke on here that having a custom fit for anything, and all golf gear will improve your game ;)

You'll be fine with non-golf socks. I usually wear those trainer socks that don't go above the ankle, except in the middle of winter, when I'll wear thicker socks.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ive got some callways (xmas gift) which are very comfy.

Padding in the few areas that might blister etc

More for winter than summer for me though!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi All!

Happy July! Everyone excited for a summer full of golf? Me and my husband are hoping to get away towards the end of the year and play abroad so fingers crossed!!

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for golf socks, or whether you just wear normal cotton socks etc with your golf shoes. There are typically more golf socks for men out there, but I've been looking for some golf socks for women like these ones. But with the summer coming, I'm not sure whether it's worth investing in heavy golf socks or whether I'm better sticking to casual trainer socks from places like Primark? What do you think? Do proper golf socks affect your game/how much you enjoy when you play and your comfort?

Not sure whether to wait until winter to invest in proper golf socks???

https://golfoutfit.co.uk/collections/catmandoo/socks these sneaker socks are the best.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Anything with the word dry in them will do nicely.

I bought a pair of FJ pro dry mid 36 holes and they are thick but they do wonders!

Got a pair of Nike dri fit as well and they do the trick.

Raziren

Visit site

100% agree. Love these socks. Great for golf and also for work (when I used to have to go in).
Very little likelihood of holes developing (i put the toes through on thin socks or even the puma socks sports direct sell).
One issue I have had is that on a couple of low cut pairs is the elastic in the ankle seemed to fail - i think it was a duff batch but they are still wearable.

UA Heatgear Tech lo cut / noshow / crew.
All virtually the same on the foot but of different lengths. I find them thick enough for winter, but also very comfortable in summer despite not being thin socks. Also great value @ £6-£8.50 for 3 pairs currently on amazon.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use Stance socks, Mrs told me about them a couple of years ago as she uses them for running. They are brilliant. Got all of mine from Function 18 but think Clubhouse golf do them as well