are you losing more golf balls post-lockdown?

are you losing more golf balls post-lockdown?

• Total voters

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Nah not really, only 2 rounds played but the lost balls (5) have mostly been wet rather than lost. In fact thinking through, 4 of those landed in water so i know exactly where they are :LOL:

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played about 8 rounds, haven't lost one yet. Only lost a couple in 2019. That's the benefit of being a very short hitter on a course with no water. Even the wide ones only find the semi.

Eagle2

Visit site
First couple of rounds was noticeable and a bulk order was needed but I have played nearly everyday since due to losing my contract and having the time... not only am I loosing less balls but I am seeing the benefit in my game.
every cloud and all that

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lost loads - due to appalling play. And can't blame it on the break, as played fairly well for the first few games (even managed 41 points on one occasion). But since then my game has fallen off a cliff - and has taken my balls with it...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes. As we are not playing any competition golf I can't be bothered looking that hard - even in casual golf 'competitive' play I am really not bothered. Just

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Lost 5 on my first round, should of found 3 off them though......
Only lost 2 during my last 2 rounds, all Pro V’s as well.
I’m going to buy some cheaper balls ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things I did is to go through all my boxes and find all the balls that suit me which I would not usually use such as various versions of ProV1s TaylorMade TP5 etc plus my last few remaining Bridgestone B330 RXS (original version) and commit to using these up before starting on the new boxes of balls.

The only concession to that is that I have been using the Wilson DX3U on the colder days.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Playing less loose shots, so losing a few less than in the past. Also helped by the rough cut lower.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My driver had been mis-behaving so despite being a short hitter I was a short and wild hitter and not a great combo. Things have improved but the rough has definitely sprouted in the last week and now we've had some rain can see that getting worse.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Four rounds with one lost ball but I chunked it into the pond. I find that i don’t often go a few rounds without loosing any then can loose 3/4 in one single round!

Chico84

Visit site
I lose a reasonable amount of balls each round normally anyway but the hard fairways that I’m not used to (I’ve only really played in the winter since taking up the game) definitely play a role in losing balls.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lost about six the first couple of rounds just playing poor shots but played last three rounds with the same ball. Loosing six in two rounds is unusual.

D

Deleted member 25172

The first week or so the balls kept “disappearing” from me at an alarming pace, with 5 of them gone lost in one round. I seem to have upped my personality as they now stay with me for a longer period of duty before moving on to new adventures.