Golf Society Web sites

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am looking for a society web site. I don't need complex functionality e.g. I don't, for example, need it to calculate handicaps, I simply need a place to show events, members and results. I've had a quick (google) look at what is available and the ones I have looked at seem to charge by membership i.e. the more members the more it costs which may seem fair enough but in my case I need it to take up to 100 members for a max of two events a week but as I said I don't need it to do a lot else. Suggestions / recommendations?

gopher99

Visit site
Intrigued about this. The front end looks a bit rubbish, but wonder what the ‘back end’ looks like

It does the job for what the society wants, you can update handicaps and post messages on a bulletin board. It lets you keeps scores for the year, also post reports on the meetings for the society.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It does the job for what the society wants, you can update handicaps and post messages on a bulletin board. It lets you keeps scores for the year, also post reports on the meetings for the society.

Ta.
My society use Google sheets for sign-ups to comps etc. It’s functional, but can be a pain in the backside!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
you can build your own free website with wix, but for the sake of £40 a year between 100 members then the site posted by gopher in post #4 should be suitable

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
It looks like this costs £40 a year which is in budget (if it is happy with 100 members)
I have been using this for a number of years and it is easy to operate and worth the £40. Was free until the guy that runs it retired from his main job and needed money to keep it up and running.

Once you have set everything up with everyone’s emails you just send out one simple message any time you add events or want to communicate with your society. I have over 70+ members on mine.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was going to say this. Totally free and easy to add events, and to add members to the group, etc. Put the results up as a post. Simple as it gets.

With the Society Golf site you the facility there is for you to arrange a whole years worth of games for people to book into and withdraw if necessary, gives course web site, directions, tee times and most importantly, who's paid. The organiser of each event even gets emails sent to them as people sign up. Very handy and easy to use.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I was going to say this. Totally free and easy to add events, and to add members to the group, etc. Put the results up as a post. Simple as it gets.

Simple for those on Facebook but a lot of older people aren't. I run a FB group for players at my club and it's amazing how many grumbles I've had that it excludes some people. Fortunately, I don't give a monkeys if some people don't want to join in!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Simple for those on Facebook but a lot of older people aren't. I run a FB group for players at my club and it's amazing how many grumbles I've had that it excludes some people. Fortunately, I don't give a monkeys if some people don't want to join in!
I think it's just as easy as making them sign up for a different society website. You're signing up to one thing or another. ??‍♂️