Golf shoes

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Good luck with that, for me I generally have to try shoes for fit before buying.
If you are not doing that then just set a budget and pick what you like the look of.

Trying to help, the are typically two types - with spikes and "spikeless". If stretching to two pairs then maybe spikeless while it is dry & warm. Then some soft spikes for late autumn & winter. If one pair then go spiked probably.

Mansell131

Visit site
Good luck with that, for me I generally have to try shoes for fit before buying.
If you are not doing that then just set a budget and pick what you like the look of.

Trying to help, the are typically two types - with spikes and "spikeless". If stretching to two pairs then maybe spikeless while it is dry & warm. Then some soft spikes for late autumn & winter. If one pair then go spiked probably.

I know what you mean now and thank you very much for replying I am going to try some on first

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There are so many makes and styles, I suggest looking at some of the better makes like Footjoy, Ecco or Underarmour.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I recommend Foot-Joy Pro SLs. You can usually find last year's models at a reduced rate. I have two pair and they are great. I've also heard good things about Skechers, but I haven't tried them.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair of them today the go golf torque not played in them yet but first impressions are good
First round with them was great so comfy first time iv had a pair of golf shoes that haven't given me one issue on my first round, 100% waterproof too had to walk through a puddle to get my ball and all dry inside, think iv found my new shoe for the foreseeable

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just to reiterate the other comments. Definitely try before you buy. Different manufacturers have different fits. Some are narrower, some are wider. I've heard lots of people say they love their Adidas but the vast majority of Adidas shoes I have bought have been too narrow until I found the Adidas powerband boa which were great. I'm now on to Skechers (Go Golf Pro) and also very comfortable.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a pair of Sketchers that were very comfy due to the lightweight material that is used , unfortunately they only lasted for around 6 rounds and had to be sent back. Replaced with Footjoys which I must say I’m finding a bit uncomfortable which is unusual as I’ve always had Footjoys.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Just to reiterate the other comments. Definitely try before you buy. Different manufacturers have different fits. Some are narrower, some are wider. I've heard lots of people say they love their Adidas but the vast majority of Adidas shoes I have bought have been too narrow until I found the Adidas powerband boa which were great. I'm now on to Skechers (Go Golf Pro) and also very comfortable.

Adidas sizing is odd in my experience. I'm a 10.5, I've been a 10.5 for thirty years - I occasionally buy 11 depending on the fit of the particular shoe and whether I'm going to be wearing thick socks. But, with my only pair of Adidas shoes, I couldn't even get the 11s on and had to be size 12! Never had that before with any other shoes, golf or otherwise. Seems crazy that there could be that much difference.

To answer the OP's original question. I've just bought a pair of Rife soft spikes. Straight out of the box they were really comfortable - three rounds down the line and I love them. Shoes are very personal though so just buy what feels right, the brand is irrelevant.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Adidas sizing is odd in my experience. I'm a 10.5, I've been a 10.5 for thirty years - I occasionally buy 11 depending on the fit of the particular shoe and whether I'm going to be wearing thick socks. But, with my only pair of Adidas shoes, I couldn't even get the 11s on and had to be size 12! Never had that before with any other shoes, golf or otherwise. Seems crazy that there could be that much difference.

To answer the OP's original question. I've just bought a pair of Rife soft spikes. Straight out of the box they were really comfortable - three rounds down the line and I love them. Shoes are very personal though so just buy what feels right, the brand is irrelevant.
Exactly the same for me with Adidas, they seem to come up a bit small. I'm normally a 9 but all my Adidas shoes (3 pairs) are a 10.5 However they do always fit my feet really well. Interested in the Rife shoes, they look really nice so I might try on a pair next time I'm in AG.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Well the sketchers go golf torque are now leaking feet were soaked on sats round, so looking for a pair of 100% waterproof shoes to do me over the winter and beyond hopefully, I love the comfort of the sketchers and would be my first choice also looked at the adidas 4orged and traxion too any suggestions would be appreciated, on a budget too so price will be a real decider

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well the sketchers go golf torque are now leaking feet were soaked on sats round, so looking for a pair of 100% waterproof shoes to do me over the winter and beyond hopefully, I love the comfort of the sketchers and would be my first choice also looked at the adidas 4orged and traxion too any suggestions would be appreciated, on a budget too so price will be a real decider
TBH Chris, most shoes that say they are waterproof are only up to a point to get truly WP, they need to be Gortex, which isn't cheap

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye thinking along the same lines was in the pro shop there and some are over £200 think I'll get the cheap option and put bags round my socks