Golf Pride Plus4 Align Grips?

Sekiro

Visit site
I recently had a mishap with a club and put it in with a local pro to reshaft, when in the shop I found myself having a look at the different shaft/grip options which were available and noticed the Golf Pride Plus4 Align grips, The idea seems great and I’d imagine they are a good learning tool for a beginner but has anyone actually used them and what did you make of them (most importantly is it worth regripping my set to these, or should I just stick with the standard grips for now and change when they are ready to be regripped?).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hate them. I bought a second hand wedge that had it on, I couldn't wait to get it taken off for a regular grip. The ridge down the back does nothing for me as I have a strong grip so it wasn't in the middle, it was just annoying. And so thick it was like holding a baseball bat.

Sekiro

Visit site
Hate them. I bought a second hand wedge that had it on, I couldn't wait to get it taken off for a regular grip. The ridge down the back does nothing for me as I have a strong grip so it wasn't in the middle, it was just annoying. And so thick it was like holding a baseball bat.

Appreciate the honest feedback, I’ve currently got Lamkin Crossline grips and although a little worn because the set were second hand I’ll prob get until next year out of them (maybe longer).

How often is it advised to regrip and is it worth it on a budget set of clubs like my King F7’s?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Appreciate the honest feedback, I’ve currently got Lamkin Crossline grips and although a little worn because the set were second hand I’ll prob get until next year out of them (maybe longer).
I should have said, I didn't mean to put you off the align grips, just saying for me it feels awful because of my strong grip. I would imagine they're better if you have a neutral grip. So try it out and be sure it suits your grip before whacking them on all your clubs.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have one on my new driver, not that impressed. I'll probably change it for a tour velvet plus 4 that I have fitted to my irons.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have then as they were on offer but I don’t really notice the alignment aid. Like the feel and shape though, just think the aid is a bit of a gimmick

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I like them, and have one on my driver. The rest of my clubs have the standard MCCplus4 grips, with one and a half layers of tape. When these wear out, I will put the align version on.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use them. They have less taper than other grips due to the Plus 4 extra thickness under the right hand, and I like reminder grips, even on adjustable clubs. I chose my preferred set up before the grip is put on. They need to be fitted more accurately than round grips, though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use them. They have less taper than other grips due to the Plus 4 extra thickness under the right hand, and I like reminder grips, even on adjustable clubs. I chose my preferred set up before the grip is put on. They need to be fitted more accurately than round grips, though.
On one of the Facebook groups I'm in, this guy was really pleased with himself saying how he'd managed to re-grip his whole set for this first time, with these Align grips. He put a picture up, turns out he put them all on upside down so the red line was on the top. :ROFLMAO:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
On one of the Facebook groups I'm in, this guy was really pleased with himself saying how he'd managed to re-grip his whole set for this first time, with these Align grips. He put a picture up, turns out he put them all on upside down so the red line was on the top. :ROFLMAO:

I had a set of clubs custom fitted by Callaway and come from Callaway UK with the ribs on top. The pro in the shop didn't believe me when I told him. I think if they are used to putting the logo down (underneath), then it can happen.

Sekiro

Visit site

Sounds like something I would do lol!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently had a mishap with a club and put it in with a local pro to reshaft, when in the shop I found myself having a look at the different shaft/grip options which were available and noticed the Golf Pride Plus4 Align grips, The idea seems great and I’d imagine they are a good learning tool for a beginner but has anyone actually used them and what did you make of them (most importantly is it worth regripping my set to these, or should I just stick with the standard grips for now and change when they are ready to be regripped?).

I would never fit a plus 4 on all clubs without trying one first.

The plus 4 is a means of saying that if a standard grip had been fitted the lower hand section will have have an extra 4 layers of tape added.

That takes a bit of getting used to.

Alignment ridges down the back of the club can be good if it suits your hands* and your grip and only ever want to hit the ball one way (straight, fade or draw). The ridge makes you hold the club one way only, if you open/ close the the club in your and for a specific shot and slight relaxation of the grip in you hand and it will go back to the standard grip.

*For me it always results in a closed club face.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a set of clubs custom fitted by Callaway and come from Callaway UK with the ribs on top. The pro in the shop didn't believe me when I told him. I think if they are used to putting the logo down (underneath), then it can happen.

I have disliked ridged/ribbed grips for as long as I can remember. Before I did my own regripping the pro always put the grips on just off upside down for me. (there was a time when getting hold of plain round grips was exrtremely hard).

D

Deleted member 3432

If I pick up a Taylormade putter I always look to see if the grip is on straight. Seen a few in various pro shops that are shocking.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have disliked ridged/ribbed grips for as long as I can remember. Before I did my own regripping the pro always put the grips on just off upside down for me. (there was a time when getting hold of plain round grips was exrtremely hard).

I hate a closed club face, so I always ask for them to be put on with a slightly open club face and they usually come fairly square.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate a closed club face, so I always ask for them to be put on with a slightly open club face and they usually come fairly square.

As per my reply to the OP I like to open and close the club face for fades/draws and have a habit of regripping so I go for plain round grips.