Golf near New Milton

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm going to the inlaws in a couple of weeks who are in New Milton. I'm looking at playing Barton on sea gc on the sat it's about £50. I also liked the look of Isle of purbeck for about £30 it's about an hour away though.

Can anyone recommend any of the above or any others in that area my budiet is about £50

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

Re: Gold near New Milton

Which date are you down this way?

ps.....keep quiet about the gold, you could start a stampede. It would be like the wild west all over again :eek:

D

Deleted Member 1156

OK.....few options.

IOP do a winter deal as you say. Nice course, lovely views and some very good holes.

Never played Barton although I have caddied round it. They have 27 holes. It's OK.

Brokenhurst is nice, not sure what the green fee is over there.

Knighton Heath also has some interesting holes and will probably be in your budget.

Unfortunately I'm already committed on the 10th at Parkstone and away in Devon on the 17th otherwise I would have hosted you at Broadstone :(

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site

OK.....few options.

IOP do a winter deal as you say. Nice course, lovely views and some very good holes.

Never played Barton although I have caddied round it. They have 27 holes. It's OK.

Brokenhurst is nice, not sure what the green fee is over there.

Knighton Heath also has some interesting holes and will probably be in your budget.

Unfortunately I'm already committed on the 10th at Parkstone and away in Devon on the 17th otherwise I would have hosted you at Broadstone :(

Thank you for your suggestions I'll have a look at Knighton heath.

Thanks again

hombre_paulo

Medal Winner
Visit site

Im a member at knighton heath - course is holding up well for the time of year. We do use fairways mats on 2 holes at the moment though. And visitors/guest only after lunchtime - visitor fee is about £35.

Dave1963

Hacker
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any of the above or any others in that area my budiet is about £50

I've played Brokenhurst Manor (in Brockenhurst) several times and can highly recommend it - great '3 loops of 6' layout. £25 with member and £40 (winter fees). However, it can get boggy and it looks like it's been shut already several days this week - so, unless it becomes very dry in the next two weeks I'd give it a miss this time, but maybe next time you're next in the area.

Other than that, I've played Paultons Park and Hamptworth (both the other side of the New Forest). Good courses, but not in the same league as Brokenhurst IMHO.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm going to the inlaws in a couple of weeks who are in New Milton. I'm looking at playing Barton on sea gc on the sat it's about £50. I also liked the look of Isle of purbeck for about £30 it's about an hour away though.

Purbeck is not an hour away if you get the ferry from Sandbanks.

The munis at Queens Park, and Meyrick Park, Bournemouth are worth considering.