Golf mat recommendations?

Nosevi

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all. I'm looking for a decent golf mat for indoor use. I currently have a mid range Huxley golf mat and to be honest trying to save a few quid wasn't worth it - would recommend their rotary net but not their golf mat I'm afraid.

I'm thinking of a Truestrike mat but have never used one, anyone comment on how good they are? Fair sized initial outlay but you can now just replace the surface if it wares out rather than the whole thing which appeals.

If anyone one else has other recommendations that may be better than a Truestrike I'd be interested.

Cheers

G

guest100718

Hi all. I'm looking for a decent golf mat for indoor use. I currently have a mid range Huxley golf mat and to be honest trying to save a few quid wasn't worth it - would recommend their rotary net but not their golf mat I'm afraid.

I'm thinking of a Truestrike mat but have never used one, anyone comment on how good they are? Fair sized initial outlay but you can now just replace the surface if it wares out rather than the whole thing which appeals.

If anyone one else has other recommendations that may be better than a Truestrike I'd be interested.

Cheers

They have the trustrike at my local range, I dont like them personally. I bought one of traditional style one for my garden, thick rubber with fake grass on. It does the job for me.

Nosevi

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys.

They have the trustrike at my local range, I dont like them personally. I bought one of traditional style one for my garden, thick rubber with fake grass on. It does the job for me.

Paddy, what don't you like about it if you don't mind me asking? I've never used one but all the bumph says it should play like a normal grass fairway. Not the case?

I've got a heavy duty mat outside as well and that does fine but does feel different to grass - you can't really play down through the ball. I think I got put off Huxley by buying one of their cheaper mats ( http://www.huxleygolf.co.uk/online-store/golf-mats/hux-mat-300-detail ). It came rolled up to give an idea of thickness - not what I was expecting. Couple of months in and it's buckled and 'rucked up' where I hit the ball - hitting down through the ball just ruins the mat. With the outside one it doesn't really work either as I tend to take a fair divot with wedges and shorter irons. I'd like to think the Truestrike would work but it's quite a bit to spend if it really doesn't.

G

guest100718

The ones at my range all seem to have a dip in the middle and the ball rolls in to it. Meaning you cant place the ball where you'd like to. I am a big divot taker and have not problem going all out on a regular rubber mat. I picked mine up from another range that was selling them off.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ones at my range all seem to have a dip in the middle and the ball rolls in to it. Meaning you cant place the ball where you'd like to. I am a big divot taker and have not problem going all out on a regular rubber mat. I picked mine up from another range that was selling them off.

I rotate the mat, cheeky but sometimes necessary...

Nosevi

Head Pro
Visit site
I rotate the mat, cheeky but sometimes necessary...

Sadly you can't with a Truestrike mat - only one hitting section.

Cheers paddy, will think on it. What appealed as well as the theory it was like a fairway was that you can just replace the hitting section. But I guess for the price I could buy 2 standard mats, use different areas, rotate as Scienceboy has suggested etc. Think I may go that route. Thanks for the info :)