Golf Lessons in North West.

Duckhooker

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a good instructor for lessons up in the North West of England? Looking to bite the bullet and attempt to revamp my swing completely and hopefully get rid of bad habits.
Any suggestions for instructors you have used or using would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're anywhere near the Wigan/St Helens area then I'd highly recommend Barry Taylor at Clarke's Golf (Rainford). A very good coach that a few on here (myself included) use...

D

Deleted member 1740

Depends where you are but Steve Holden based at Liverpool driving range is superb, in fact he's that good he's even got scouser swinging properly:whoo:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Phil @ chilli dip range in Horwich has sorted me out on numerous occasions.

Good facilities there and a very good driving range also.

Duckhooker

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the replies folks.
I think I'll give Barry Taylor a try as it's not too far from me. :)
Out of interest has anyone had lessons with Rick Shields or Pete Finch? I see they are now affiliated with GM.

Cheers.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Out of interest has anyone had lessons with Rick Shields or Pete Finch?

I had a few lessons with Peter Finch during my holiday in Lytham last October. Great guy, fantastic teacher. Lessons are quite expensive, but well worth the money, I would say. And the teaching studio they built is really fantastic as well. If you live in the area or a comfortable driving distance away, I'd say definitely try it out. (I met Rick as well, but not for a lesson. He is an absolutely nice person as well.)

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies folks.
I think I'll give Barry Taylor a try as it's not too far from me. :)
Out of interest has anyone had lessons with Rick Shields or Pete Finch? I see they are now affiliated with GM.

Cheers.

Ive had a lesson with Peter Finch. He was very good and helped me understand my swing a lot better. Got me back on the right track :thup:

Would highly recommend it, obviously he is more expensive than most but it did prove good value for money imo.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I had a few lessons with Peter Finch during my holiday in Lytham last October. Great guy, fantastic teacher. Lessons are quite expensive, but well worth the money, I would say. And the teaching studio they built is really fantastic as well. If you live in the area or a comfortable driving distance away, I'd say definitely try it out. (I met Rick as well, but not for a lesson. He is an absolutely nice person as well.)
Even if you don't go for lessons there, the range is the best I've seen in the area.