Golf Insurance

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do any companies stand out on service and what they offer?

My GolfCare policy is due for Renewal @ £39.99 for Bronze (I know I can start again and pay just £24.99), but realise that other companies offer golf insurance to and wanted to know if I'd be better taking a policy out with someone else.

I won't be playing abroad either if that helps with suggestions.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Are you just looking at insuring your clubs or other things like 3rd party liability and hole in one insurance etc?
I added my clubs to my house insurance which also covers them in the boot of my car and it worked out considerably cheaper than taking out a specific golf policy so this may be an option depending on what you are looking for.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are rated well by the professional services that rate policies.

You are primarily getting theft cover on your clubs when you are out playing and (high incidence, low value) and 3rd party cover (low incidence, very high value). Personal accident cover is whatever it's worth to you. Hole in one cover .... being restricted to club competitions (as most are) reduces the incidence and the value isn't huge.

At the levels of premium involved, most of it is going on administration and marketing - so cover levels across providers will be similar and price may come down to marketing deals.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I play golf, but actually my more likely injury is going to come from other sports, so i'll be looking to make sure that cover does my golf too.

How much do you guys have this stand alone vs rolling it up into other sporting insurance?

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Re insurance, add all of your annual insurance premiums up and multiply by years that you've had them , if the total works out more than you've claimed then you maybe need to think about taking out more insurance ?
Exceptions are incidents that would cripple you like house burning down etc , but insuring golf clubs and dishwashers are maybe not essential ??

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Waitforme;1789342Exceptions are incidents that would cripple you like house burning down etc said:
Most weekends I can have 3 sets of clubs, three trolleys (2 electric), 3 shoes and all the other accompanying items e.g waterproofs all in the car at once. This is probably close to £5000 worth of golf gear that would definitely cripple me if I had to replace them in one hit.

I renewed my household insurance yesterday and had them added on as goods away from home, but they need to be out of site in the boot of the car to be covered. Typically I drive straight to the club and straight home after, but they can be in the car park for a few hours in between. This doesn’t give any golf specific insurance such as hole in one or personal injury but will cover if the clubs are taken whilst abroad. Note that most insurers won’t cover whilst clubs are in airline possession, but the airline should be responsible in that instance.

With regards to specific golf insurance, Golf Care, insure4sport and The Golfers Club are all part of the same group. Same call centre, same underwriters.

tigertot

Medal Winner
Visit site
have been with Golfplan for several years. very good when dealing with a claim for theft from my vehicle. also they have processed two HIO claims without any fuss once they saw bar bill receipts and had it confirmed by the club secretary.Customer service has been very good throughout.