Golf insurance

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

My annual package with golfcare expires at the beginning of July.

I had the platinum package last year due to a holiday to Portugal, plus the offer they were running plus a dozen balls.

This year they want £67.99 to renew which isn't bad.... But no freebies, which makes me sad.

Does anyone know of a company that sweetens the deal? I'm not really interested in round vouchers.

I'll stick with golfcare if no good options

Adam

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Hi all

My annual package with golfcare expires at the beginning of July.

I had the platinum package last year due to a holiday to Portugal, plus the offer they were running plus a dozen balls.

This year they want £67.99 to renew which isn't bad.... But no freebies, which makes me sad.

Does anyone know of a company that sweetens the deal? I'm not really interested in round vouchers.

I'll stick with golfcare if no good options

Adam
how much is it if you don't renew, let it lapse and start again?

NeilG

Visit site
I got a renewal email with a chunky increase from last year. Called them and they gave me last year's price.

shane3003

Visit site
I’ve just renewed with them, it was the same as last year however that year had increased from my initial year. I let it renew as I’ve got he 24hour cover which I don’t think they offer now. It allows me to leave my clubs in the car without worry, peace of mind.

D

Deleted member 18121

Thought lower prices for new customers had been outlawed for insurance?

Hadn't heard of that, but you could well be right.

Surely the cover that's provided is the main reason for buying insurance.

yep, dont get me wrong... I want the insurance, but who doesn't love a freebie and its always nice to have an extra dozen balls. If there are no alternatives I'll just go with them again.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking that I should get golf insurance - anybody had any good/bad experiences with particular companies and any recommendation?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm thinking that I should get golf insurance - anybody had any good/bad experiences with particular companies and any recommendation?
Golf care always seem to be the best even after the introduction price. I’ve a Stewart golf trolley so have the higher pack with that specified and new for old on everything. Their standard cover is worthless for you kit after a few years. Always good to have a minimum of
Liability cover,
Especially if going abroad.

LizAig

Visit site
I’ve just renewed with them, it was the same as last year however that year had increased from my initial year. I let it renew as I’ve got he 24hour cover which I don’t think they offer now. It allows me to leave my clubs in the car without worry, peace of mind.
Being covered in the car at all times seems to have gone from most policies - golf plan now charge £500 excess for stolen from car

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Hadn't heard of that, but you could well be right.

yep, dont get me wrong... I want the insurance, but who doesn't love a freebie and its always nice to have an extra dozen balls. If there are no alternatives I'll just go with them again.
I have vague recollections of complaining about a renewal price so they gave me the introductory price without the balls. But I could be imagining it :)

D

Deleted member 18121

I think my clubs are too old for golf insurance to be much help? Don't they all put a limit on the amount they pay out if the clubs are more than 5 seconds old?

I know golfcare do a new for old option