Golf insurance

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Possibly been asked before but how important is it to have golf insurance. My club give me personally liability insurance do I need any more.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Possibly been asked before but how important is it to have golf insurance. My club give me personally liability insurance do I need any more.

In my opinion its invaluable. Covered for personal liability but also for theft including locker break ins (which sadly has happened more than once at my club) I have used these for years and very happy with the service https://www.golferspolicy.co.uk/

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I guess it depends on how often you get a hole in one in regular competition. ;)
On a more serious note you will often be covered for the various eventualities under other policies such as the clubs own policy for third party and your golf clubs under household goods, I don't bother and am less concerned about theft as I keep my clubs at home. third party liability can be expensive if it is not covered elsewhere.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you play many other courses, and does your club cover you for this? Or are you covered by the club you are visiting?
Does the EG insurance not cover that as well?

I had a look at different policies and my clubs are all too old now. If they were stolen I wouldn't get anything for them, unless stolen from home and my home contents covers that. EG insurance covers accidentally hitting someone or something with a ball. Not sure what is left to cover, why standalone cover is necessary.

Happy to be corrected as to why it's needed.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It depends on what you want cover for.

As already said you already have public liability cover.

Do you want hole in one cover. Not needed where I play as it only costs a bottle of port for one n social golf and the club pays if it is competition.
Theft of equipment (always worth having via house insurance for all items not just golf clubs).

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
My insurance covers me for Golf Equipment up to £10,000 New For Old, Public Liability up to £5m, Third Party Property Damage up to £2m, Personal Accident up to £50k, GPS/ Rangefinder Cover up to £500, Electric Trolley up to £3k, Hole in One Cover up to £500, Membership Fees up to £8k and Personal Possessions Cover up to £2k.
All this covers me Worldwide and my clubs and equipment are covered even when in the car as long as they are out of sight, so I can keep my clubs in the car all the time.
Total cost £65 a year. (Less than 20p a day)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My insurance covers me for Golf Equipment up to £10,000 New For Old, Public Liability up to £5m, Third Party Property Damage up to £2m, Personal Accident up to £50k, GPS/ Rangefinder Cover up to £500, Electric Trolley up to £3k, Hole in One Cover up to £500, Membership Fees up to £8k and Personal Possessions Cover up to £2k.
All this covers me Worldwide and my clubs and equipment are covered even when in the car as long as they are out of sight, so I can keep my clubs in the car all the time.

It makes sense for me. I don't tend to play abroad but do play around the UK so got a UK based cover which like you say works out at a very small cost even as a one off hit per year. Mine does old for new, trolley cover etc so quite happy. It's peace of mind

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Is this only for redundancy or illness/death? If so who are you with. Thanks

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Membership Fees. I am covered for "Quarterly, in arrears, and up to the sum insured shown in your schedule for any annual Club Membership fees paid or contracted to be paid in the event that you are disabled from playing golf a a result of an accident (Not necessarily occurring at a golfing venue ) or illness occurring during the period of insurance."

I am with Golfplan from A-Plan Insurance https://www.golfplan.co.uk/