Golf in Turkey

MBK

Visit site
Anybody got any recommendations for a week's break in Turkey in the autumn? Seems to be lots of new stuff coming on stream - but is it any good? four of us, two couples, serious golfers.

Thanks

Alicia

Visit site
Turkey is a great place to visit in the Autumn and the courses are of a high standard.
The best place for golf in Turkey is the Belek-Antalya region. The Cornelia, the new Nick Faldo course has just opened, which is a good enough reason in itself to visit. The tree lined National is one of the best courses in the region and in superb condition. The food in the clubhouse is good too.
Stay at the Gloria or the Cornelia which are five star hotels on the edge of the fairway and close to the beach. Visit W: turkishgolf.com for packages and more information.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have been to Belek and both food and golf in turkey is good - esp. the National. Haven't played the Cornelia as wasn't open when I was there but have seen pic in Golf Monthly and it looked top class.

Only thing was its a BIG German destination and they have really high handicaps so play can be very slow, particuarly on the Gloria which was 90% German when we were there. I think they were checking German handicaps at the National and weren't allowing anyone on who claimed to play off 72 (I'm not joking - there really were people playing off 72) so we got round without any hold ups.