golf in the North East

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All
Hubby and I are going to Newcastle for a week in August (not sure of exact time) to visit family ;), we are planning on getting in as much golf as is allowed on a family visit. Though being from Newcastle itself we haven't played any of the courses in the area. We will be staying in the Gosforth area.
Any recommendations would be most welcome or may even be up for a game if anyone fancies it.
Thanks in advance. :)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do the only right thing......get in your car.....drive just over an hour North and go and play Goswick. There is a member on here!
Other than that, no clue whatsoever....

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Barb,

If you're staying in Gosforth then I'd probably look at 'City of Newcastle'

It's an excellent course, with a lot of mature trees which presents quite a challenge.
The club house is really nice, and if it's a nice day there's an outdoor seating area overlooking the 18th green where you can have a drink.

It's at the top end of Gosforth High street (opposite the 3 Mile Inn)

I'd avoid Gosforth Golf Course (Bridlepath), as to be honest it's not up to much.
Whilst there are some nice holes, there area lot of straight up and down holes with little of interest.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
yep there is only 1 place to play so come to Goswick it will take you a 50min drive from your base and fone the club and try to do a twighlight deal which is stupidly cheap!
Other than that City of Newcastle aint bad and was in great nick 3 weeks ago,Linden hall or Burgham further north about 25mins out the city worth a look too.