Golf In Murcia - Course Recomendations Please

Topflite

Hacker
Visit site
My Dad, Son and I have booked a week in March 16 staying at La Torre Golf Resort in Murcia for seven days.

I stayed there in July with the family and (braving the blistering heat) played the course most mornings and (despite it being a short track) really enjoyed it.

I think we will end up playing most of our golf at La Torre but was looking for three (or maybe four) other courses within reasonable travelling distance and would welcome recommendations.

I am looking for somewhere which looks and feels like a good course, not too tight or difficult. I am off 12, my Dad is off 18 and my son is off 28 (I don't want to put him off with somewhere too tight or punishing of errant shots!)

I have researched forums etc to death and have come up with:-
Las Collinas - Seems to be most peoples must play course.
Lo Romero - Another highly recommended course and the 18th island green will be a fab experience and something we will remember.
La Finca - Seems well recommended and has wide fairways.
Hacienda Del Alamo - Again well recommended but am a little put off by it's length (for my son), the hard panning instead of rough and perhaps a little tight?

Have probably decided against:-
Villamartins seems to have mixed reviews - particularly regarding it's condition.
Las Ramblas is raved about but seems to extremely punishing.
La Manga is punishing for high handicappers with mixed comments about the course condition.
La Serana has more water and sand than fairways!
La Paraleja has mixed reviews regarding it's condition.

Whilst we were there in July we also played Saurines, El Valle and Hacienda Riquelme, all of which were good courses but I have no burning desire to play any again.

If anyone knows the area I would be grateful for comments. The intention is to have a nice relaxing weeks golf rather that test ourselves with the most difficult courses!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just come back. La torre is probably the worse out of the jack Nicolas 6. The course next door la torre saurines is much better.

In order the below are must plays

Las colinas
La manga south (not difficult off yellows)
La manga west
Villa martin
La manga north

I wouldn't be put off by them being too difficult. If you want easy golf your going to end up in a big open field with a hole in it

Last edited:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I've played Hacienda Del Alamo, I like it won there twice. I went round it just using a hybrid off the tee. I probably hit it around 180 - 200 yards. Remember you get a lot of run, the hardpan is ok and not to tight to be honest.

La Serena is a nice track tbh, but can play long if the winds up. Pretty far course.

Topflite

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks gents. I probably overstated the "not too challenging" bit. Just don't want to sicken my son. A couple of the courses we played in July required a fair carry before reaching the fairway which meant that unless he caught it reasonably a few of holes were over before they had begun (though he is hitting a little longer and straighter off the tee now (about 150 yards carry). I had read somewhere that the La manga courses had alot of holes over ravines etc where this was the case - is this over stated. I have looked at the La manga courses again and the do look appealing.

Paperboy that is comforting. Hacienda Del alamo does look a monster of a course in terms of length though as you say you do get alot of run.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Thanks gents. I probably overstated the "not too challenging" bit. Just don't want to sicken my son. A couple of the courses we played in July required a fair carry before reaching the fairway which meant that unless he caught it reasonably a few of holes were over before they had begun (though he is hitting a little longer and straighter off the tee now (about 150 yards carry). I had read somewhere that the La manga courses had alot of holes over ravines etc where this was the case - is this over stated. I have looked at the La manga courses again and the do look appealing.

Paperboy that is comforting. Hacienda Del alamo does look a monster of a course in terms of length though as you say you do get alot of run.

Think it's the tenth at Hacienda he might struggle with the carry, but there are several tees forward of the yellows :thup:

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Troon Golf's Las Colinas is top notch - course, service,the lot. Lo Romero is my second choice - good course with less trouble than a lot of tracks over there. Thought La Finca was a bit bland and the condition was not great.
Have a great time.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
You have to play Las Ramblas. Just for the experience. It is punishing, but it's awesome. One of the craziest courses I've ever played. I loved it.

D

Deleted member 18121

I played at Playa Serena in July and didn't find that there was too much water or sand to be honest....really nice course.