Golf in Mexico

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whilst people are asking about golf in exotic locations I thought I would see if there is any advice or recommendations for golf in Cancun. Off there soon and may get to slip off for a round or 2. Will need to hire clubs etc as well so any advice or course recommendations would be great

wuuki456

Club Champion
Visit site
I played at mayakoba when I stayed in cancun, got picked up and returned to hotel, they play the ohl Classic on the pga tour there. Would highly recommend that.
There's quite a few courses around cancun itself though. Mayakoba was about 3/4 of an hour away but worth it.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I always take my clubs with me Thomsons only charge £25 to hire clubs it's 40 to 50 dollars don't play Pok ta Pok it's the original dog track always play Playacar as I get a 50% reduction through the hotel I stop in, just one other thing play early morning as once the Americans get on the course you will be there all day !!!!

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I always take my clubs with me Thomsons only charge £25 to hire clubs it's 40 to 50 dollars don't play Pok ta Pok it's the original dog track always play Playacar as I get a 50% reduction through the hotel I stop in, just one other thing play early morning as once the Americans get on the course you will be there all day !!!!

Played Mayakoba and The Riviera Maya course (was part of the hotel we stayed at). Mayakoba was mint, Riviera Maya was a decent track and I'd play it again if I was staying at the Bahia Principe. It's free green fees for people who stay at the resort, but there's a mandatory cart fee. You can get multiple round deals as well.

gjbike is spot on as well, Thomsons were great with my bats, but definitely get out as early as possible, preferably before the yanks! Oh lordy they can take their time!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Stayed at the iberostar and the course is gorgeous, wait til you see the
crocs/ gators on the course. Have a look at playing that.
Re the bit about the Americans on the course100% agree. Played the first nine on my own with Missis T in the buggy. I pulled up to 10th hole following 4 guys in a buggy who had been th the clubhouse for half an hours supping. They never volunteered to let me through. After five holes stuck behind them they get over an hill and I hit my drive. It is the one and only time I have hit a drive over 300 yds. I blasted up and over the hill in the buggy and they said " sorry bud did not realise you were that good" My ball was at the side of the green. They let me through at that point.