Golf in Florida

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
Played shingle creek golf club yesterday - lovely lovely lovely - $120 plus $50 taylormade m2 set hire (included six balls) - golf cart had gps and full of tees - lovely people and drinks cart - fab value - four hour no hassle round - am here for a conf so hoping to get out again weds - colleagues played and stayed sawgrass sat - $700 all in plus extra $100 per group for ball spotter - said it was nice but crazy crazy busy and nothing special - six hours for the round

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played shingle creek golf club yesterday - lovely lovely lovely - $120 plus $50 taylormade m2 set hire (included six balls) - golf cart had gps and full of tees - lovely people and drinks cart - fab value - four hour no hassle round - am here for a conf so hoping to get out again weds - colleagues played and stayed sawgrass sat - $700 all in plus extra $100 per group for ball spotter - said it was nice but crazy crazy busy and nothing special - six hours for the round

if you got time for one more round try tranquila, in my opinion best golf course in Orlando area. They even have fruit and water at the tee boxes and pro V1 range balls.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm out in Tampa next month and will be taking my bats with me - getting games lined up at TPC Tampa, Innisbrook and the Claw at USF. Any others in the Bay Area worth looking at?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just re-visiting this thread. People keep talking about booking through golf now.com. Do you know close to the date you have to be to book? We are going in August and that is clearly too far away as nothing is showing. I'm a book in advance person and don't want to leave it until the last minute.

D

Deleted member 17920

Just re-visiting this thread. People keep talking about booking through golf now.com. Do you know close to the date you have to be to book? We are going in August and that is clearly too far away as nothing is showing. I'm a book in advance person and don't want to leave it until the last minute.
I would have thought golf in August in Florida you would have the place to yourself :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have thought golf in August in Florida you would have the place to yourself :D

Is it that stupid an idea? Will the problem be humidity, rainstorms or do Floridians go elsewhere in August leaving the courses empty?

The rate for Southern Dunes in August is $55 per round, $25 club hire. Considering the good comments it has got on here that seems pretty cheap. Perhaps that is backing up your comment :D

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is it that stupid an idea? Will the problem be humidity, rainstorms or do Floridians go elsewhere in August leaving the courses empty?

The rate for Southern Dunes in August is $55 per round, $25 club hire. Considering the good comments it has got on here that seems pretty cheap. Perhaps that is backing up your comment :D

It's not a stupid idea, no...............just begin your round as early as you can, before 8am if possible as by 10am the sweat will be flying from you. I normally try and play at 7am

Believe it or not thats quite high for golf in Orlando in August (but not necessarily for SD), you can get rounds as low as $30 in August. June - September in Florida is low season for golf due to heat and humidity, rates tend to be higher Oct - May

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not a stupid idea, no...............just begin your round as early as you can, before 8am if possible as by 10am the sweat will be flying from you. I normally try and play at 7am

Believe it or not thats quite high for golf in Orlando in August (but not necessarily for SD), you can get rounds as low as $30 in August. June - September in Florida is low season for golf due to heat and humidity, rates tend to be higher Oct - May

Try playing in the morning before it gets too hot. I would avoid late evening as the mosquitoes might be out.

Thanks, that is the type of info I needed. If there should be plenty of availability I will hang fire until 2 weeks beforehand and book that way, and book early slots. I made a list of recommended courses from this and another thread so I will have plenty to choose from. I'd probably not bother but my son is dead keen to play so we will play somewhere.