Golf in Florida

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I assume you haven’t played Grand Cypress? It would knock Champions Gate, Falcons Fire and Celebration out your list. Haven’t managed Waldorf Astoria but heard good things on it. I won’t ever stay on Reunion so can’t say on that
played Grand Cypress in November you are right it is better.
We got a really nice welcome from the members and staff.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Waldorf Astoria ( excluding Sawgrass ) is probably the best course I’ve played in Florida . Place oozes class . It’s also probably the most intimidating course from the tee I’ve ever played . Don’t think I’ve used a hybrid as much from the tee as I did that day . Trouble all over the shop .
If you don’t mind a bit of a drive.
LPGA Hills course in Daytona is better than both of these.
also Mission Inn El Campion course is the hardest place I have ever played , it is stunning both on Golfnow.

The best two I have played in Florida Sawgrass inc.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some good suggestions on here, thanks all. Not told the family yet but also now started looking at Portugal golf resorts!

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some good suggestions on here, thanks all. Not told the family yet but also now started looking at Portugal golf resorts!

I’m in Orlando in july\august we always stay on highlands reserve in davenport, cracking little course, £40 gets you 18 holes club hire and a buggy, there’s a bar 5 mins away runs a league you can go in and put your name down to play, played in wounded solider comp last year ( their help for heroes) Sam horsfield was playing in front of us, wow different class

Last edited:

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m in Orlando in july\august we always stay on highlands reserve in davenport, cracking little course, £40 gets you 18 holes club hire and a buggy, there’s a bar 5 mins away runs a league you can go in and put your name down to play, played in wounded solider comp last year ( their help for heroes) Sam horsfield was playing in front of us, wow different class

This post might be a game changer! Looking at villas on highland reserve and there are some good ones still available but struggling to find much about the course summer rates etc £40 a bargain i reckon.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This post might be a game changer! Looking at villas on highland reserve and there are some good ones still available but struggling to find much about the course summer rates etc £40 a bargain i reckon.

Just google Highlands Reserve golf club. If you stay there you are 5 mins away from 3 cours s at Champions Gate

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site

£40 isn’t a bargain for HR . Played it once years ago . It’s what I’d describe as a low budget course . For 45 quid you can play Celebration with lunch thrown in and it’s worth every penny.

Last edited:

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
£40 isn’t a bargain for HR . Played it once years ago . It’s what I’d describe as a low budget course . For 45 quid you can play Celebration and that’s with lunch thrown in and it’s worth every penny.

£40 for a round, buggy and club hire. Still a bargain in my book!

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
£40 isn’t a bargain for HR . Played it once years ago . It’s what I’d describe as a low budget course . For 45 quid you can play Celebration and that’s with lunch thrown in and it’s worth every penny.

It was crap a few years ago, they’ve spent a lot of money on it and it’s a nice little course now ,£40 is green fee club hire and buggy, didn’t rate celebration tbh, but each to their own

D

Deleted member 17920

£40 isn’t a bargain for HR . Played it once years ago . It’s what I’d describe as a low budget course.

played HR when it 1st opened, 6 hr round following some Japanese visitors, course was packed as well so they didn’t lose much ground.

Never again.

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
played HR when it 1st opened, 6 hr round following some Japanese visitors, course was packed as well so they didn’t lose much ground.

Never again.

Played it years ago and there is nothing memorable about it . Wasn’t in the greatest condition either . Don’t know what the fees are these days but if it was £40 then there is much better value for money around Kissimmee . For what it costs to take your clubs either I wouldn’t be renting and I’d play a few half decent tracks . I’ll usually head out first thing on our rest days and I’m generally back for lunch time . Try and get in 4 rounds a year .

D

Deleted member 17920

Played it years ago and there is nothing memorable about it . Wasn’t in the greatest condition either . Don’t know what the fees are these days but if it was £40 then there is much better value for money around Kissimmee . For what it costs to take your clubs either I wouldn’t be renting and I’d play a few half decent tracks . I’ll usually head out first thing on our rest days and I’m generally back for lunch time . Try and get in 4 rounds a year .

think we paid around $20 play it, my mate would never go above $25 for a round.

thats why I have never played any really decent courses in Orlando.

i have played around 30 very very average ones.

D

Deleted member 17920

Ditch Rigby and go and play some decent ones . You’ll get paired up with new mates.:lol:
Thankfully he doesn’t play golf anymore hence that why I have done plenty of good courses in the last few years :D