Golf Grips

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive decided im going to keep my Irons for at least the next year but im going to get some new grips.
Ive gone onto a couple of sites that have the grip fitting but come out with different options.

Ive got long skinny hands and tend to wear a M/L glove as large is too baggy for my hand.

If i use the glove size it says standard but if i measure it comes out Midsize.

At the moment i have standard with 1 extra tape but im thinking of trying the Golfpride C2Pro grips as they stay thicker to the bottom and with my long fingers may feel more comfortable.

Anyone els in between on the grip sizes?

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I was in a similar position as you a few weeks ago when I bought my new clubs. I ended up going for the multi compound +4 grips. They seem to fit the bill so far

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive decided im going to keep my Irons for at least the next year but im going to get some new grips.
Ive gone onto a couple of sites that have the grip fitting but come out with different options.

Ive got long skinny hands and tend to wear a M/L glove as large is too baggy for my hand.

If i use the glove size it says standard but if i measure it comes out Midsize.

At the moment i have standard with 1 extra tape but im thinking of trying the Golfpride C2Pro grips as they stay thicker to the bottom and with my long fingers may feel more comfortable.

Anyone els in between on the grip sizes?

I wear a M/L large glove like yourself. I play Midsize grips.

There is a test you can do with the middle 2 fingers of the lead (Upper) hand. Not 100% scientific but...

If the fingers dig into the fleshy pad below your thumb, the grip is too small.

If the fingers do not touch the fleshy pad and there is a clear gap, the grip is too big.

If the fingers sit just touching the fleshy pad the grip is the right size.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Just spoke to the club pro and hes fitting a standard MCC4 with 2 extra wraps on my 7iron to see how i get on.:thup:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was in a similar position as you a few weeks ago when I bought my new clubs. I ended up going for the multi compound +4 grips. They seem to fit the bill so far

I am somewhere between Medium and Large grip size. I am starting to fit my clubs with +4 grips with one extra layer of tape, which feels comfortable. Previously I used one extra layer of tape with two under my right hand with standard size grips.

Last edited: