Golf Grips

Durango

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Has anyone tried using an air compressor or tyre pump to change their grips? Looks easy on youtube but don't know how successful it is..

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone tried using an air compressor or tyre pump to change their grips? Looks easy on youtube but don't know how successful it is..

Is that not done to salvage the old grips for re-use?

Durango

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Is that not done to salvage the old grips for re-use?

I saw a video where a guy used a tyre pump to take the old grips off and also put new ones on. He didn't have to use solvent and new tape. Means you don't have to wait ages for them to dry. I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or not but looked great as it was so quick

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'll need a fairly tight fitting sleeve over the grip to stop the grip from splitting/exploding.

I tried it using compressed gas and without a sleeve, every grip blew up like a mini balloon and split. Didn't really help the process.

Once the old grips are off and the shaft cleaned up, it only takes a minute or two to put the new grip on. Doddle.