Golf Glove Recommendation

smith931

Visit site
I’ve been having an issue lately with blowing gloves out after a round or two. Anyone else experiences this? What's your expectation of life for a glove?
Now Callaway Patrol Glove is looking good for me. Before Recommend me I would like to plz check this out, if the gloves are really good then I can get a pair.

Attachments

• post-76906-152563875651.jpg
    post-76906-152563875651.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 42

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My expectation is 15-20 competitive rounds per glove, although I think I get a little more as I rotate competition gloves. Once they have left the comp circuit they get used for another 10-20 rounds of casual play.

I use Taylormade tour preferred glove and have done for the last several years - not cheap, but I can not find a better glove. I cannot use a synthetic glove. I watch for sales and can get for around £10 and when at that price I buy in bulk

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Srixon Cabretta leather gloves ive found to be the hardest wearing. last months.

You can some times get them cheap in Sports Direct, The old sort anyway. got 4 for £15 in the Inverness one a few months ago

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I tend to go with Cabretta leather gloves as they do last longer and always seem comfortable to wear. I've used the Srixon and Callaway Cabrettas and both are good with the Srixon edging it.
Just as a thought, are you sure you're not getting the gloves too small? I know they're meant to be snug but if you're splitting them like that then maybe it is a sizing issue.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I tend to go with Cabretta leather gloves as they do last longer and always seem comfortable to wear. I've used the Srixon and Callaway Cabrettas and both are good with the Srixon edging it.
Just as a thought, are you sure you're not getting the gloves too small? I know they're meant to be snug but if you're splitting them like that then maybe it is a sizing issue.
good point about the slightly larger size. i switched to a bigger glove when i first started using the Srixons as they only had XL when i first found the cheap deal a SD, never had one wear out since.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve been having an issue lately with blowing gloves out after a round or two. Anyone else experiences this? What's your expectation of life for a glove?
Now Callaway Patrol Glove is looking good for me. Before Recommend me I would like to plz check this out, if the gloves are really good then I can get a pair.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “grip it and rip it”.😁

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
good point about the slightly larger size. i switched to a bigger glove when i first started using the Srixons as they only had XL when i first found the cheap deal a SD, never had one wear out since.
Spot on.
The Srixon is on the tight side, size for size. It wears very well though.

Most comfortable and best quality is the TM cabretta. Also expensive.

Second best, and a great all round cabretta, is the Titleist. They don't wear very well though, if like me you have grip faults!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After years of being someone who goes through gloves quite quickly and struggling to find a really good one that’s suitable for me, I have gone to the Callaway Dawn Patrol. An all leather glove, with a good cut and decent length for the fingers for the palm size. They seem to last a long time, even for me.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know that wearing a glove makes absolutely no difference what-so-ever to my game ..................... unless it's raining.
Try playing without one, that'll be cheaper.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know that wearing a glove makes absolutely no difference what-so-ever to my game ..................... unless it's raining.

2 people I play with don't use gloves. I played 2 rounds over a week without one....could not adjust....just me perhaps but I need them

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

That's you, and I appreciate you are only recommending that people try something (which is always good!) but for me a glove provides more grip to the club than my hand. This enables me to feel confident with much lower grip pressure...which is always good.

Watching people play with well worn gloves that clearly won't provide any grip, let alone better grip, is always a little concerning (unless they are opponents😀).

I buy and change my gloves frequently - I don't buy golf balls (except when lured into free ball fittings!)

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does anyone else struggle with a synthetic type glove? Good real leather gloves are not cheap and a few times I have tried synthetic with no success. I will never be able to use them as I loose all feel in the swing. As soon as I replace with a good cabretta leather glove I feel instantly comfortable again

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone else struggle with a synthetic type glove? Good real leather gloves are not cheap and a few times I have tried synthetic with no success. I will never be able to use them as I loose all feel in the swing. As soon as I replace with a good cabretta leather glove I feel instantly comfortable again
I've never actually tried real leather gloves as I wasn't sure the added expense was worth it for me. Plus they just get knackered if it rains don't they?

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've never actually tried real leather gloves as I wasn't sure the added expense was worth it for me. Plus they just get knackered if it rains don't they?

Don't try them incase there is no going back :) They don't get knackered in the rain, but yes their life will reduce if you treat them as you would with a synthetic one. They need a little more care and attention

Wellout

Visit site
Definitely look a the Srixon gloves, I was given a few to try and was really impressed, I think people often walk towards Footjoy in a Zombie effect. They're all made from from compatible quality high end cabretta leather, however, the finer it is, the less hard wearing. I was privy to some gloves Monty used when he was with Yonex, they were made by Kasco and paper thin like a second skin. Never felt anything like it, but he did change his glove every 3 holes...........because he could! :)