Golf+footy trip

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago three of us did a golf+footy trip to Madrid.

A run around a local par3, a round each at two courses which have had the European tour visit (El Encin and Centro Nacional de la Real Federacion) and a visit to the Bernabau to watch Real M against Malaga.

Now none of the publicly available courses in the Madrid area are as scenic or difficult as those in the more well known spanish golfing areas, but the combination of golf, quality footy (it is an amazing place to watch a game and the quality of the footy was very high) and a great city centre for eating out and drinking made it a really well balanced trip.

Any other particularly good golfing/footy cities in Europe ? (anyone says Glasgow, I'll block em !!)

d

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

A run around a local par3, a round each at two courses which have had the European tour visit (El Encin and Centro Nacional de la Real Federacion) and a visit to the Bernabau to watch Real M against Malaga.

Now none of the publicly available courses in the Madrid area are as scenic or difficult as those in the more well known spanish golfing areas, but the combination of golf, quality footy (it is an amazing place to watch a game and the quality of the footy was very high) and a great city centre for eating out and drinking made it a really well balanced trip.

Any other particularly good golfing/footy cities in Europe ? (anyone says Glasgow, I'll block em !!)

d

Valencia. Play at the superb El Saler course which was at one time ranked the best course in Europe.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

d

Dundee - lack of good courses though - just St Andrews. Carnoustie, Kingsbarns and Monifieth to add to the quality fitba

Btw - Madrid is probably my favourite city

Berger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Valencia. Play at the superb El Saler course which was at one time ranked the best course in Europe.

I haven't played El Saler but Valencia is a great city for a trip. The Mestalla is a decent place to watch football as long as you're not sat in ridiculously steep third tier.

If you're going to Munich to watch Bayern make sure you look at the ticket situation well in advance. I had a look before and it seemed like it would be easier getting tickets for Augusta.