Golf documentaries

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
We’ve had the Chicago bulls documentary, the Man City documentary and the infamous Sunderland till I die, but what golf documentary would you like to see made? And are there any that have been made that you’d recommend to watch?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There have been a few out on Sky Golf and Sky documentaries including Tiger Woods: Back and Loopers the story of the caddy. Both a reasonable watch although the Woods one was a little padded out with the same footage repeated over. Seve was my all time hero and I'd love to see a real in depth documentary on him with input from hie tour peers and also his RC team mates and especially those who played under him as RC captain

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Theres a good one on Netflix, the short game it's called about elite junior golfers worth a watch two of the girls from the doc are doing really well

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've seen that but I'd something with far more depth, especially something around his RC career and captaincy but also love to hear from the likes of Faldo, Woosnam and his ET peers to hear what he was really like in tour
You mean like this one?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There's a four hour one available at Royal Ascot about the struggles of a mid-handicapper to play decent golf. It's called "pairing up with Homer" :cool::p

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The Tiger Woods one is probably ok if you're a casual viewer of golf, but for most of us I imagine it is really just a highlights package, and most of it we have seen before. The fact they glossed over the sex addiction stuff was so predictable, but pretty poor.

I'm not a baseball fan, but one of the best sports docs I've seen is The Battered B*stards of Baseball, on Netflix. And the previously mentioned Last Dance is also superb.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw a great one once about a former rejected ice hockey player who had to turn to professional golf to help pay for his Grandmother's house which was being repossessed. It turns out he has an absolutely huge drive but the rest of his game needs work. I forget the name of it now.