Golf destination

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Do you realise that will be illegal?

Apologies, i realise i said pals, it will be me and my mate so not strictly illegal as my mate lives alone and so has been in our (my missus and I) support bubble throughout this lockdown. Guidance seems to suggest that this will be ok.

D

Deleted member 3432

We've already got the tee time booked for Friday the 23rd April and I've not heard anything from the club to say whether or not this will be cancelled yet or not, although I noticed you can no longer book a tee time. I was hoping you would see this and be able to give some insights as to how likely it will be to go ahead?

Thanks for the offer though, that would be great if we want to get up again in the week!

We had a message this earlier this week from the Club Secretary to say the Management Committee are meeting next week to discuss the implications of the announcement of the restart date.

They will feeback to the membership after this so until such time I can't really say although I suspect it could be members only for a while but that is only a guess on my part. If it does impact your booking I expect the Club Office would get in touch with you.

With luck you will be OK to play, if so send me a pm and we can sort another game out for you.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I asked where you were based to gauge distance etc...

A left field suggestion for your budget, (and relatively close to home so you might have done it...)

We had an away trip that a few turned their noses up in advance, but really liked once they'd played, around the south side of Birmingham. We played Kings Norton, Fulford Heath and Ladbrook Park and for the money were very impressed. If budget allows, Blackwell is really good too.

I work about 2 minutes from Blackwell! Not easy to get an invitation there - stunner though!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I work about 2 minutes from Blackwell! Not easy to get an invitation there - stunner though!

I didn't realise you needed an invite, I go there with a Society from where I used to work, One of the former Directors is a member. I know the Sec quite well... I am sure I can get on quite easily once all restrictions lift. I'll ask him next time I speak to him!

Several spaces still available in the Open in June!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I didn't realise you needed an invite, I go there with a Society from where I used to work, One of the former Directors is a member. I know the Sec quite well... I am sure I can get on quite easily once all restrictions lift. I'll ask him next time I speak to him!

Several spaces still available in the Open in June!

Im not of Open ability.. a relative newcomer, not for a few years for me!

Its a very private members club to the masses. I have heard of society days there etc but really, knowing a member is the only way to play for the average Joe - and that means you have a VERY wealthy friend!

Coincidentally - one of my best friends dads was invited to join Blackwell last summer, I live in hope he invites us for a round soon!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Im not of Open ability.. a relative newcomer, not for a few years for me!

Its a very private members club to the masses. I have heard of society days there etc but really, knowing a member is the only way to play for the average Joe - and that means you have a VERY wealthy friend!

Coincidentally - one of my best friends dads was invited to join Blackwell last summer, I live in hope he invites us for a round soon!

Ill point out - reading their website it sound a lot more friendly than a few have made out to me.... £100 a round though

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ill point out - reading their website it sound a lot more friendly than a few have made out to me.... £100 a round though
There are very few members only clubs in this country. You can get on most places but some you might need to sell a kidney first.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

4th June £65 in their Open.

I often find some clubs that have a reputation for being unfriendly are quite often the opposite when you get there. :) Played here loads of times, always made very welcome and been well looked after!