Golf Del Sur

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going away with just the wife (no kids) mid October to Golf del sur for 4 nights. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat around the area or within a walking/bus ride away? Decent tapas/spanish or nice restaurants rather than full english/pub type places. It's the Mrs birthday while we are out there so looking for a slightly more expensive meal for that night.

I may get a round of golf in but won't be taking my clubs so would have to hire, not sure I can be bothered but we are staying inbetween 2 course's so may change my mind once we are there.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
For Tapas try the Tapas De Oro, use to be excellent, it's on the edge of the San Blas complex. Meals use to be nice in Gulliver's Restaurant just a few yards down.
There's The View its on the main road that circles the golf, then there's the Winter Gardens [overlooks the outdoor bowling ], both Italian. All were good last I was there, but seemingly they've changed hands
There's also a Teppanyaki restaurant that's interesting / entertaining, the cook dresses like the Karate kid , cooks on a hot plate right in front of you and chops and serves onto your plate, good for a visit especially for kids.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know Tenerife pretty well both Las Americas and Santa Cruz.

Think you will need to go a little further away from Golf Del Sur.

Excellent fish restaurants at Los Abrigos.

Bus there/ taxi back Meson Castellano in Las Americas. Typical Spanish busy all the time, need to book. If warm ask for a table outside under cover. If cooler eat inside. They bring in fish and seafood from Galicia in Northern Spain. Probably as authenyas it gets in Southern Tenerife

In Los Cristianos try Pascal restaurant. Think they Class it as French Moroccan fusion but highly recommended

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As 3offTheTee says, you're pretty limited in Golf Del Sur for really top class restaurants, the ones I mentioned are your best bet if staying close by.
My daughter stays on Golf del Sur, she recommends Meson De Antonio in La Caleta, San Isidro about 15 euros in a taxi .
Google search - " Restaurante Meson De ".

Last edited:

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My parents have had a place on Golf del Sur for 20+ years, and you've already had some good recommendations. Tapas D'Oro is good, but Gullivers has gone a little downhill IMO. The Tepanyaki on the front is great fun and the food is very good, but make sure you ask to sit at the Tepanyaki itself when you book. The Rendez Vous above the bowling green has been our go to celebration restaurant for a few years, food quality and service is brilliant. I believe they had a change of chef a year ago, we went just after and it had dipped a bit - hopefully that was changeover jitters. Dabda at the bottom of the loop road is also very good and well priced.
You can walk to Los Abrigos along the front, and they are developing the beach path there, and the fish restaurants are great, with beautiful views of the harbour and sunset (though sunset is early in those latitudes). Get a taxi home, it won't break the bank.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My parents have had a place on Golf del Sur for 20+ years, and you've already had some good recommendations. Tapas D'Oro is good, but Gullivers has gone a little downhill IMO. The Tepanyaki on the front is great fun and the food is very good, but make sure you ask to sit at the Tepanyaki itself when you book. The Rendez Vous above the bowling green has been our go to celebration restaurant for a few years, food quality and service is brilliant. I believe they had a change of chef a year ago, we went just after and it had dipped a bit - hopefully that was changeover jitters. Dabda at the bottom of the loop road is also very good and well priced.
You can walk to Los Abrigos along the front, and they are developing the beach path there, and the fish restaurants are great, with beautiful views of the harbour and sunset (though sunset is early in those latitudes). Get a taxi home, it won't break the bank.
My daughter and family have stayed on the golf for about 11 years , they have a wee spit and sawdust bar in SanBlas.
My grand daughters husband was one of the chefs in both Rendez Vous [ winter gardens ] and Gullivers until last year they moved back here, he now works in Howies restaurant in Edinburgh.

Last edited: