Golf club size

Mike1991lfc

Visit site
I recently bought a new set of taylormade rocketbladez. When sized an measured, i was a standard off the shelf size. Does this mean i am standard size with fairways an drivers?? Any help would be appreciated

mike

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It depends!

As some (eg. TM) install shafts that are quite a bit longer than they used to - as they go further on robot testing - shorter shafts could well be better for you.

BTW. How were you measured, and who by? It's rather unusual for everything to be 'standard'.

Oh and welcome to the forum/madhouse!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
And were you measured by swinging - on a lie-board - or simply wrist to ground and a few other measurements?

Whereabouts are you based btw?

Do you belong to a golf club?

Last edited:

Mike1991lfc

Visit site
They measured my swingspeed, then i used a lie board and the marking was perfect on the bottom. They also measured grip size and wrist to ground.

does this sound like a normal fitting?

im from liverpool and not a member of a club at the moment

Last edited:

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thank god you where standard and the clubs are left untouched LOL

Nah I'm 6FT and off the shelf has suited me in terms of length and lie but shaft stiffness is another matter which I'm now in the process of fixing.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As foxholer has said, TM have some of the longest shafts out there which don't suit everyone. I'm waiting until funds permit then I'm gonna have a fitting for my driver which I recon will include chopping 2 inches of the new driver shaft as my driver length is 45.75inch

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
They measured my swingspeed, then i used a lie board and the marking was perfect on the bottom. They also measured grip size and wrist to ground.

does this sound like a normal fitting?

im from liverpool and not a member of a club at the moment

You might have noticed a certain amount of cynicism about American Golf on the forum!

Seems like they may have done a reasonable job though.

You should be aware, though, that Driver technology has not changed much in the past few years. So while it's nice to have shiney new toys, it's often better to get 1 or 2 year old kit at greatly reduced price - even from retail outlets - so you can actually get more for your money. There are often very good deals on Putters too, but that's an area where I believe you have to try individual putters, of various lengths, and buy the one that feels the best - it's the club that you will use more than any other!

BTW. The Driver is the other club that you should take a bit of care about selecting. Not so much the head itself, though there is definitely variation between them. But getting the right shaft is very important. Recent Drivers have the benefit of having replaceable shafts, so you should be able to try different ones for the particular head. If you find one you like, then insist on that head and shaft as any 'identical' one that is ordered will actually differ slightly. Of course, I believe the best way - at any level other than absolute beginner - is to get properly fitted, but that can work out more expensive initially. I don't know of any in your area, but others on the forum may.

Good Luck in your journey!

Last edited: