Golf Club Opens

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I may be there as well. If I don't get my handicap down quick enough (which is the likely situation) I may go and caddy for my mate that is playing. He played in it last year and said a good few people dropped out and others slipped in at the last minute.

Put your name down anyway. I got balloted out of the open at rossapenna this this as it only had room for the 8's. I was 9 at the time. A day before my mate pulled out so I took his spot. A guy in my group said he joined last minute too and he was off 12. We were first out at 6.40am so I think they were glad of people to fill In those times.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put your name down anyway. I got balloted out of the open at rossapenna this this as it only had room for the 8's. I was 9 at the time. A day before my mate pulled out so I took his spot. A guy in my group said he joined last minute too and he was off 12. We were first out at 6.40am so I think they were glad of people to fill In those times.
where can i find details of the top irish courses opens without having to trawl through all their website? suprised they arent on golf empire

I'd fancy a trip over one time to play

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
where can i find details of the top irish courses opens without having to trawl through all their website? suprised they arent on golf empire

I'm honestly not sure. I usually see the opens on Facebook or mentioned on here.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just looked at Golf Empire. Some interesting events in Berkshire/Surrey and without handicap limits so I can see how, if I had the time to play them, how you can rack up the costs entering a number of these. Tempted by one just down the road at Easthampstead Park GC (Downshire Golf Course). Somewhere I know well and have won at before

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I just played in an Open at Burton Golf Club on Sunday, 90 pairs at £28 p/Man raising over £5k plus bar and the Pro shop was doing a raring trade also with well advertised deals on the day.

Good payout, we came 4th and picked up £75ea, not sure what the other prizes were, but all in all, a great value trip, especially with a 1 course carvery meal thrown in also.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

GUI Website lists them all: https://www.golfnet.ie/open-fixtures

Or Golf now: https://brsgolf.com/opencomps/

There is also a Facebook group called Scratch Cups & Open Singles. which people post different comps on.

And as Gary mentioned, liking the club on Facebook is a good way as they all post on there.