Golf Club Opens

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some great values in opens. I try and play as many as possible.

Handicap is coming down so I hopefully in the near future I can play in the bigger ones.

Playing Royal County Down for £50 which is normally £230.

Portstewart have one end of July for under 9 hcp which is £45 for 36 holes and a lunch. You just cannot beat those prices.

Where is this info regarding the 36holer at portstewart?

D

Deleted member 18588

I agree with Murph - it’s the same when the course gets closed for County comps , the course and clubs priority should always be the members. People don’t join a course based on playing a cheap open.

I hated the course being shut for a County Comp because I pay my fees to be able to play the course week in week out - thankfully we don’t have an Open and won’t have a County Comp for ages.

Count yourself lucky!

For the second time in three years we are hosting an England Golf championship and they take over the course for 4 or 5 days.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with Murph - it’s the same when the course gets closed for County comps , the course and clubs priority should always be the members. People don’t join a course based on playing a cheap open.

I hated the course being shut for a County Comp because I pay my fees to be able to play the course week in week out - thankfully we don’t have an Open and won’t have a County Comp for ages.
Is argue that it’s a good opportunity to showcase the club, and you’re given plenty of notice to go play elsewhere (county comps usually lead to reciprocals elsewhere).

Also, there’s nothing stopping you playing considerably better courses than you’re home track for that cheap rate.....

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Count yourself lucky!

For the second time in three years we are hosting an England Golf championship and they take over the course for 4 or 5 days.
That will bring in a fair amount of money to the club though. I know for a fact Burnham gets paid a fair amount for the top events which enables us to benefit for improved facilities etc

D

Deleted member 15344

Is argue that it’s a good opportunity to showcase the club, and you’re given plenty of notice to go play elsewhere (county comps usually lead to reciprocals elsewhere).

Also, there’s nothing stopping you playing considerably better courses than you’re home track for that cheap rate.....

Showcase the club for what reason exactly ? Our club have gained nothing by hosting the county champs - a small number of small fish came , treated the course poorly and the left. We gained nothing - not even anything financially from the county- the members lost out

I have already paid my fees to play at my home club as have many others so why should they be forced to go and pay to play another course regardless of how cheap it is. I pay my fees to play at my club 365 days a year.

And the reciprocals offered by other clubs are a complete joke

It wasn’t a choice given to the members but it will be next time

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Not round here, playing off 11. No chance.
3, Maybe, 2 for sure.

But all the local low h/caps play in the scratch leagues, so they know the good courses. They dont need a show case, its just a cheap day out at the expense of the members.

D

Deleted member 18588

That will bring in a fair amount of money to the club though. I know for a fact Burnham gets paid a fair amount for the top events which enables us to benefit for improved facilities etc

No it doesn't.

If anything it costs us money in lost bar takings and no green-fee paying visitors or societies

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bluewolf loves Royal Fleetwood!

Wheres Wolfy when you need him :whistle:

He's here......

Anyone who thinks Fleetwood is top 100 anything is seriously delusional. It's the golf equivalent of Escape from New York. Bland, soulless and surrounded by a big bloody wall. The only real saving grace is that if you're having a bad day then there'll be plenty of opportunity to purchase some sunshine from the local smack rats.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's here......

Anyone who thinks Fleetwood is top 100 anything is seriously delusional. It's the golf equivalent of Escape from New York. Bland, soulless and surrounded by a big bloody wall. The only real saving grace is that if you're having a bad day then there'll be plenty of opportunity to purchase some sunshine from the local smack rats.

You never disappoint... :D

My favourite “Fleetwood” reply of yours was the one which involved Staples /a ProV1 / a Scrotum/ and a long drive champ.
:rofl:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's here......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He's here......

this has to be my favourite ever course review :)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Where is this info regarding the 36holer at portstewart?

On their Facebook page.

Sunday 29th July - 36 holes Junior & Senior scratch cup.

Two rounds on the Strand course for £45 including lunch.
It is limited to 72 players and entries have opened.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to play more courses with talk like that :rofl:

Fleetwood is ok but top 100??? Never, not even close to top 200 IMO

I cannot believe there are 99 clubs greens, better than the ones I've played at Fleetwood. Tap and watch them roll perfectly along beautiful green grass.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks. Chances are i will be getting my name down for that.

I may be there as well. If I don't get my handicap down quick enough (which is the likely situation) I may go and caddy for my mate that is playing. He played in it last year and said a good few people dropped out and others slipped in at the last minute.

D

Deleted member 15344

I cannot believe there are 99 clubs greens, better than the ones I've played at Fleetwood. Tap and watch them roll perfectly along beautiful green grass.

I reckon there is about 299 clubs better than Fleetwood