Golf club car snobbery

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In my opinion there are people out there who making opinion of others based on their cars clothes or how much money some people have. It's crazy to look on others that way regardless it is in the golf club or supermarket.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I always get my butler to drop me off at the club. This spares everyone's blushes, creates valuable extra room in the car park and Thompson can be preparing supper in the meantime. Perfect, really.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t think I have ever heard one comment at ours and we have everything from the Aston to the work vans .

Andre Linoge

Medal Winner
Visit site
In my opinion there are people out there who making opinion of others based on their cars clothes or how much money some people have. It's crazy to look on others that way regardless it is in the golf club or supermarket.
Starts at School that is why there is a school uniform so kids do not get bullied about what they wear at school.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Really.... this is what adults are doing. If it's that much a problem then they can buy you a new car that pleases them.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Aww i was hoping to hear some right ding dong stories about how some sad old people fumed at certain cars etc
How disappointing...

I'll help you out:

I tell you what pisses me off at the moment, it's those Audis and VWs with there LED indicators that scroll across in the direction of the turn.

I feel like the owner is saying "Oooh, look at me, aren't I the clever one, having this great gadget that helps other drivers see which way I want to go"

But it doesn't, an orange indicator is perfectly adequate and a scrolling light is just a distraction and a blood boiler to normal motorists.

(And I bet their engine emissions are 10% higher as a result.)

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I just love p*ssing people off with my indicators so I just drive around the car park to annoy the Mr & Mrs Angry-about-everything people. In fact I should congratulate Audi on a job well done

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love landing at the course and looking down at BMW, merc, audi and those silly white van drivers alike.

What bugs me is when a course keeps the heli-pad tucked away a ghastly distance. Proper gets on ones nerves that.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'll help you out:

I tell you what pisses me off at the moment, it's those Audis and VWs with there LED indicators that scroll across in the direction of the turn.

I feel like the owner is saying "Oooh, look at me, aren't I the clever one, having this great gadget that helps other drivers see which way I want to go"

But it doesn't, an orange indicator is perfectly adequate and a scrolling light is just a distraction and a blood boiler to normal motorists.

(And I bet their engine emissions are 10% higher as a result.)

Funny, I hate everything about Audi's and Audi drivers, apart from that LED slider thing they have for an indicator

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Until February then I get a new one. Dilemma in what to go for next. Which will have the biggest annoyance factor? Another Audi or maybe BMW, Lexus, Mercedes or even a Jag??

Might be a good idea to start a poll to help me decide

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I love landing at the course and looking down at BMW, merc, audi and those silly white van drivers alike.

What bugs me is when a course keeps the heli-pad tucked away a ghastly distance. Proper gets on ones nerves that.

I had a helicopter land about 30 yards away from my car this summer when I was golfing.