Golf club car snobbery

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My last car was a Mercedes saloon, my current car is a Vauxhall Astra with a couple of very bad scratches - not one comment on either in my time!

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The people in posh cars get more of a ribbing than those in bangers at my place. I regularly turn up in my work van and have never heard a peep tbh.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Could do without the long wheel base 3 1/2 ton panel vans. They just dont fit in a parking space. Not snobbish, just practical.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Snobbery works both ways in my experience. From either driving a rust bucket or a Bentley, the latest clubs to 10 year clubs, Dunlop clothing to Galvin Green.

No one should GAF either way 🏌️

D

Deleted member 18588

Quite an amusing thread on a forum where so many members cannot resist any opportunity to brag about their own car and sneer at the so called lesser brands of golf equipment.

Surely there's no element of double standards, is there?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven't heard any of that at our club. Anyone who mocks someone over their car is probably an a-hole, golf club or anywhere. I can't even drive but I own a Nissan Micra my mum gave me for free and that my missus currently drives, so I would have no room to mock anyone else over cars even if I was that was inclined. :D

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Haha,

my wee car was sandwiched between 3 Range Rovers and a Volvo XC 90 when I returned to it after golf the other day. All nice busses but I wouldn't like to put rubber on each corner never mind pay for one. I know what cars I like, but I also know what cars I can afford!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ours has from Micras to Skoda Superbs in it, unless a society takes it up a notch.

I drive the Superb......

Reminds me of that 60's sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Corbett in it.:thup:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a bloke at my old club with a big Rolls Royce. Nothing wrong with that except he seemed to think that he could park it wherever and however he wanted.

I agree with the issue about the size of some vehicles. The parking bays at my old club were not designed for vehicles the size of some of the current 4x4s and twin cab trucks. They often took up 2 spaces and I can see the issue when you have a limited amount of parking.

Never experienced any snobbery though. Never got any comments when I had a Clio estate.