Golf Care Matchplay Championship - Any Good?

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
lol - scalp down to reputation.

23 comps so far this year (6x under hc, 7x over hc, 10x in buffer) have shot +3 in 4 comps this year but have also shot +19 (first round of club champs :eek:) +17, +16, +15 twice etc......been very interesting this year to say the least!

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
Are you saying that your 5.7 handicap, compared to PL's 5.8, is less an indicator of your level? Are you saying your handicap is wrong - and too high?:mmm:

Im saying that he wont get in my head nor will I turn up half beaten by his name......which I bet a lot are. I would turn up and use his social networking rep to get me the win!:thup:

eng82

Hacker
Visit site
Matchplay makes some people play closer or above handicap due to playing against someone compared to others who prefer the individual medal format against the course

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
lol - scalp down to reputation.

23 comps so far this year (6x under hc, 7x over hc, 10x in buffer) have shot +3 in 4 comps this year but have also shot +19 (first round of club champs :eek:) +17, +16, +15 twice etc......been very interesting this year to say the least!

Saw just the club (well, shaft) the other day to suit your game then!

Adams hybrid with Matrix White Tie!

Certainly been a Black/White season!:rolleyes:

llewell71

Medal Winner
Visit site
Liqdaddymac, your welcome to a game anytime, I like social golf and I like your confidence! See your probably a much better golfer than my good self and would most likely hammer me! ;-)

Im saying that he wont get in my head nor will I turn up half beaten by his name......which I bet a lot are. I would turn up and use his social networking rep to get me the win!:thup:

Liqdaddymac

Head Pro
Visit site
haha, foxholer...was shanking from 8iron down for just over a month - no trouble with woods.

Ill take the offer up sometime, us ex footballers (& British Ski team members) are not bad golfers really, just competitive.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought this was matchplay? What does points have to do with anything?

Bit of a misnomer when the publicised ones are different to the qualifying ones.

But probably the only way it can be run given the numbers.

:D
I'm certain that happens - another 'interesting thing' that Golf highlights. What used to be the Tiger effect!

Happens both ways when Cat 2 players are against Cat 4 ones. Cat 4 thinks because the oppo is a better golfer they have no chance of winning and Cat 2 thinks they have no chance because they are giving so many shots! Daft really!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think these comps may be getting fed up with the 'bandits'.....a team won the league 2 Dubai regional final the other day and were subsequently disqualified (rule 3-4...interesting)....good on the League to Dubai guys I say!

Wow......48 points off 3/4 h/c then D/Q'd, while the next best scores were 42 points.
Very interesting comments on the League to Dubai Facebook page from the organisers....
This is their reply to someone querying the D/Q

"League to Dubai: No back story needed Dave, and to be honest not the first players to be DQ from the competition, we take a keen interest in making sure the competition terms and conditions are followed in order to maintain the integrity of the tournament, Dave's comment on the previous post made us smile re Mr William Hunt getting fed up, not that fed up that he still took the entrance fee!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow......48 points off 3/4 h/c then D/Q'd, while the next best scores were 42 points.
Very interesting comments on the League to Dubai Facebook page from the organisers....
This is their reply to someone querying the D/Q

"League to Dubai: No back story needed Dave, and to be honest not the first players to be DQ from the competition, we take a keen interest in making sure the competition terms and conditions are followed in order to maintain the integrity of the tournament, Dave's comment on the previous post made us smile re Mr William Hunt getting fed up, not that fed up that he still took the entrance fee!!!

Anyone got the full facts on this?