Golf bidder condition ratings

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Been after trying a blade putter for a while and getting a decent payday this month so decide I'll finally be going ahead with it.

Looking at a few on golf bidder but how good is their condition rating system?

Has anyone had a putter from them before? And if you have what is the lowest number on the scale you would buy?

Thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I bought a set of I series irons last year. Not the same thing granted. The ratings had the faces as 7 (good) and when I picked them up they looked unhit. The thing with Golfbidder is they put pictures of the actual club up and any notes (extended length etc). They also have a returns policy so you should have time to try it before making your mind up

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not had a putter but have had a few sets of irons off them. The condition of what I’ve received has exceeded expectations.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
They are generally rated lower than they are...so a 6 is often a 7
But, from some pictures I've seen, it can be a bit variable at times.
I've seen hybrids with a face rating of 7 and there's been so many score marks it barely looks like a 6.
But, overall, ratings are ok..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by a blade putter.
Anser style and similar there'll be lots of choice, a full on blade there's very little from today's manufacturers.

Here are some flanged blades and a couple of true blades for bargain money.

Wilson Gene Sarazen, flanged blade, often called a Napa style after a certain Scotty Cameron copied the Wilson 8802.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-rar...025363?hash=item3401888c13:g:uAwAAOSw3GlcVwuR

Another Wilson flanged, this one with the legendary George Low name on it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VIN...550612?hash=item2ab793e9d4:g:GVwAAOSwu~5btfWr

A full on blade, I think by Gradidge.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ernest-R...446178?hash=item3fb6b7eae2:g:~u8AAOSwYj9cGUYC

Another full on blade and a steal at that price, JH Taylor Cynosure.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cynosure...860056?hash=item3d82498018:g:TqMAAOSw3MpaoAKR

The first two will be fairly easy to use and provide superb feedback, the second two will take a little getting used to but again you'll know if your not quite hitting it out of the sweet spot!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Royally annoyed I read this then went on golfbidder and bought AP3’s.
I talked myself out of buying them when I had a fitting last year.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm about to find out. Sent them a request to sell my JPX 850s and rated them as 8, "very good". I received an offer of £220, £70 more than American Golf would give me. I then read their rating guide & realised that 8 was too high. I sent another request rating them at 7, "good" & they came back with the same price. I'll soon find out if they agree with me.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Also does anyone have any suggestions for bargain blade putters on there?

For a true bargain, as @spongebob59 said - the Cleveland anser style putters with the milled face.
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/4675/Cleveland_Putter_Classic_Collection_HB_1.0.html

The new version of these (Huntington beach) are not expensive to buy brand new - £60 (almost to the point of being priced at a level that people would assume they weren't that good compared to others at £200 to £400 for a very similar piece of metal).

I have had the Cleveland Classic and only changed it as it was looking a bit tatty and just wanted to treat myself (incidentally to a Ping Anser).

Would be very interested to see the likes of the Cleveland up against a Scotty Cameron in a test with all the branding & labels taken off.

dronfield

Visit site
Hi

Generally found them to be ok re ratings - i did question one club that i bought from them re where i felt the shaft did not meet their rating, and they apologised and gave me a refund.
Very good service.
Rich

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've sold some items to Golfbidder, they have rejected others where they arrived and felt the condition was below their minimum standards (no, I was not trying to pull a fast one). I would say their ratings are pretty strict and I would trust them if I was buying from them based on my own experiences.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've just ordered a driver from them, rating of 7 for the head and it looks pretty unmarked in the photos.