Golf Apps - What’s Everyone Using?

Sekiro

Visit site
I’m looking for a good user friendly golf app that is available on iOS devices (ideally iPhone and Apple Watch but iPad would be a bonus), I don’t mind putting a few £‘s down each month/annually but I’ve reached a point where I’d ideally like to start tracking my play so I can identify areas for development and hopefully make further progress.

What is everyone else using and more importantly is there anything I should definitely look to avoid?

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hole19 is excellent. It’s free, tracks scores, collects hole data, you can connect to friends and the GPS is good too. Compatible with Apple watches although I don’t have one so can’t comment on that really. There is a premium subscription which tracks club data and has a higher res map but I’ve felt that the free version offers me enough.

Worth downloading and having a play around with for certain.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used golf stats coach for a month on their free trial. Really informative with all the stats it collects, the only issue I had was the amount of info I needed to collect throughout the round, but that was needed to do the strokes gain function.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just started using MyRoundPro on my Watch and it's fantastic. Don't need to faf about setting the round up on your phone first or have it running on both the whole time, just set it up straight onto the watch and away you go, then once you finalise the round more in-depth stats are available through the phone app. Also can set your bag up and then get stats on distances, greens hit, fairways hit etc plus you can also get Strokes Gained data based on a baseline handicap of your choice. Been impressed so far, and it's free.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been using Hole 19 for years. Back in the day I tried several of the free apps and that was the best for me. The GPS seemed to work quicker, and I like the functionality and the amount of information you can enter - I put in score, number of putts, sand/penalty shots and whether the fairway was hit or missed left/right, it gives me Stableford points and green in regulation as well. It also emails you your round at the end in a nice colour-coded format, which I like because I'm sad like that - and tells you how long your round took on that as well, if you're interested.

I had a rangefinder as well for nearly a year, but now that it's broke I haven't bothered replacing it, Hole 19 on it's own is fine really. If I can't tell where the pin is I'll just aim middle of green, which I probably should have been doing all along anyway.

Sekiro

Visit site
Both MyRoundPro and Hole19 sound ideal for what I’m looking for, I’ll download them and see how I get on.

RandomReload

Visit site
The Taylormade MyRoundPro has been my go-to app, it’s free, has most of the features you’d expect (plus a couple that are paid for on other apps), sure it’s not got all the fancy extras that a premium account on 18Birdies or Hole19, but it’s really simple to use, can be done entirely from the watch and if I forgot to mention it, it’s FREE!

Chico84

Visit site
I’ve been using MyRoundPro recently and found it really good. The only thing I found was that it does drain my phone battery fairly quickly.