Golf and Spa Breaks

Harry Putter

Visit site
Hi, looking for a long weekend break next year.. golf for me and spa treatment/pampering for her.. somewhere nice and I don't mind playing on my own, preferably near a town for bars, restaurants, etc.

Any recommendations much appreciated, thanks.

Harry Putter

Visit site
I'm in Reading area, should have mentioned it.. happy to travel a few hours within UK but anywhere north of about York is sadly a bit too much... I know that excludes some great venues :(

D

Deleted member 29109

As poor as the courses at the Belfry are. The Spa is great.

Or stay somewhere like Centre Parcs at Thetford and play Thetford. Then choose something like Old Hunstanton, Royal Cromer, etc.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bowood in Wiltshire...
Or Manor House Castle Combe.

Little over an hour from Reading and a world away
Had a weekend away at the Manor House with the wife once. Great place for a weekend away. We didn’t golf or spa but what I saw of the course looked OK. Some nice pubs in the nearby village that we made use of.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
East Sussex National is great, but not exactly near anything.
Stay at The Spa Hotel in Tunbridge Wells and play golf at The Neville? Or I'll host you at Westerham GC if it's a day that fits my schedule.
Bath has Tracey Park (or now The Park) and she could go to the spa at The Gainsborough or The Royal Crescent? Staying at either is pricey, but the latter is better currently.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Probably on the edge of your max distance but Rudding Park is a really nice spa, and other half’s usually enjoy H’gate. The course at Rudding probably isn’t as good as the spa but there is plenty of good golf on the door step, you could play Rudding then also Pannal which is a mile away from Rudding, Moortown and Alwoodly not too far away either, which a both v nice. Probs 10 min drive.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably on the edge of your max distance but Rudding Park is a really nice spa, and other half’s usually enjoy H’gate. The course at Rudding probably isn’t as good as the spa but there is plenty of good golf on the door step, you could play Rudding then also Pannal which is a mile away from Rudding, Moortown and Alwoodly not too far away either, which a both v nice. Probs 10 min drive.
I'd also throw in Harrogate gc itself along with Knaresborough as options (all better than Rudding as courses)?. It's stretching the distance but it would be lovely trip.

Harry Putter

Visit site
Celtic Manor also a good one, but maybe a bit far?

I've played at Celtic Manor, only the Montgomerie course.. and have watched tournaments on the 2010 course including day 1 of the Ryder Cup and got totally drenched :(

It's well within the distance... I'm not sure about the spa facilities, but the courses and hotel just lack... hmmmn, something.. the excitement factor? Happy to be proved wrong though.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Closer to Reading… the Grove, Hanbury Manor, Luton Hoo.

Or try Woburn centre parcs
Not The Grove. The course is fantastic, the hotel is shockingly bad. I won't go into details, but I promise you, it's the worse hotel experience I've had in the UK. The spa is average too.