Gokart v Powacaddy v Motocaddy

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How is the Mk2 held together, on the MK1 it was held in place by the battery, which was to me a pain in the arse in the process.
You're right. The MK1 was a pain in the arse due to that part of the design. The MK11 is totally different. It locks into place without the battery in place, and battery insertion is a doddle.

TigerBear

Visit site
If the course isn't as steep as a mountain then you could cut your costs and just go for a solid Push Trolley?

No fancy or electronic parts that can go wrong. A simple design that will last for years! (y)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the course isn't as steep as a mountain then you could cut your costs and just go for a solid Push Trolley?

No fancy or electronic parts that can go wrong. A simple design that will last for years! (y)
Not if your back won't stand the pressure pushing (or pulling) can put on it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not if your back won't stand the pressure pushing (or pulling) can put on it.
I used a push trolley when I first joined Whipsnade - not a sloping course by any means, barely a gentle undulation..
And it felt quite easy.
Then I got an electric and it was obviously much easier...
I had an issue with the battery and while it was being resolved I used the push (Clic-Gear) again.
I couldn't believe how much more work it was after a couple of months of electric.....
Couldn't use a push trolley on Ellesborough - it would be a killer....

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to pop to GoKart for a look at the MK2, it's only about 15 minutes away and the MK1 was as reliable as they come.
Any chance you can see how close the back of a bag is to the main beam?
My H2NO cart bag has rear pockets, and even on my Golfstream Revolution the bag is aginst the main beam. I was hoping the new MK2 GK would be ok with it.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I bought a motocaddy M1 last summer. I liked the look of it and got it for a good price. However I'm slightly regretting it now. The number of times I've had to chase after it because I have caught the go button without realising it is beyond a joke...

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any chance you can see how close the back of a bag is to the main beam?
My H2NO cart bag has rear pockets, and even on my Golfstream Revolution the bag is aginst the main beam. I was hoping the new MK2 GK would be ok with it.

Will try and remember a tape measure as a back up you could ask Smiffy ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a motocaddy M1 last summer. I liked the look of it and got it for a good price. However I'm slightly regretting it now. The number of times I've had to chase after it because I have caught the go button without realising it is beyond a joke...
PowaKaddy has the same issue with the power button.
However, if your PowaKaddy is a C2 (similar style to the M1) you don't have to chase after it because it falls backwards.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My M3 has a "park" mode.
When you stop you twistbthe button all the way to 0 and a P appears
Even if you accidentally hit the button again it only goes off at speed level 1 which, unless you're on crutches, isn't difficult to catch.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's as may be but it is poor design and you shouldn't have to remember to turn the button "off". I've even seen a crow land on the handle setting the trolley off. Quite amusing to watch people chasing their trolley across the course - not so amusing for them if it lands up in water.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a look at the Mk2 today, it's a lot easier to get up and down and seems a sensible upgrade on the original. Will be having a look at a motocaddy later in the week.