God awful smelly golf shoes

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Nike Lunars, no other golf shoes I had used to stink like these, even my work boots I sweat like mad in dont smell as bad.

I used to wrap my in a plastic bag then bung them in the freezer for 24 hours, freezing them kills bacteria which is why they smell.

You must be single, Mrs H would never allow that :D

John Boy Saint

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to wrap my in a plastic bag then bung them in the freezer for 24 hours, freezing them kills bacteria which is why they smell.

Nuking em in the Microwave for a minute or two will also work, any glues in the seam might run out But they won't smell anymore!

Bicarbonate of Soda will work better than Talc

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try washing your feet more often !

If you are sweating that amount change your socks to the odour fresh type

But it can be the materials in the shoes that can cause them to smell worse, I've never really had a problem with smelly shoes but for some reason my Nike Lunars used to smell damp and not very pleasant even after drying them out and cleaning them. Other shoes which i left damp and didn't clean were fine.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nuking em in the Microwave for a minute or two will also work, any glues in the seam might run out But they won't smell anymore!

Bicarbonate of Soda will work better than Talc

Bit risky in the microwave if you ask me, could end up melting the glue and cause them to leak.

The freezer trick is safe, a friend of mine has some fancy jeans that you ain't supposed to wash and they recommend putting them in the freezer or burying them in the snow for 24 hours to kill off the bacteria which cause the smell.

Just don't bury them in yellow snow!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit risky in the microwave if you ask me, could end up melting the glue and cause them to leak.

The freezer trick is safe, a friend of mine has some fancy jeans that you ain't supposed to wash and they recommend putting them in the freezer or burying them in the snow for 24 hours to kill off the bacteria which cause the smell.

Just don't bury them in yellow snow!

Freezer trick is also useful for children's soft toys that object to being washed

GoBeavisLong

Hacker
Visit site
I had the same problem with the Nike shoes i wore over summer. I took the insoles out and put them in a 30 degree wash and let them dry naturally. Then cleaned the insides of the shoe with warm water and a tiny splash of fairy liquid. Finally sprayed loads of Sholl shoe odour spray inside. Now they are as fresh as a daisy!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As an aside, I tried on a pair of Nike tw12 shoes yesterday. They are made out of the weirdest material known to man. Just couldn't like it. At all. They are just wrong, in so many ways.

Only £65 but I couldn't do it.

And apparently they smell too.