GMNWOOM (flatcappers) Lee Park finals day Sat 7th ## other forummers welcome ##

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do you all think...should the Cap come to York and whoever has the worst net round on the Saturday at Moor Allerton wear it for the 1st hour on Saturday night?? They can keep it on even longer if their enjoying the attention :D

Or what about the best net round? The studded Cap could be the equivalent of the Yellow Jersey in the Tour De France! :cool:

Im playing crap at the moment BTW..

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or what about the best net round? The studded Cap could be the equivalent of the Yellow Jersey in the Tour De France! :cool:

Im playing crap at the moment BTW..

This is Dave putting in place a contingency plan for those who missed it :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What do you all think...should the Cap come to York and whoever has the worst net round on the Saturday at Moor Allerton wear it for the 1st hour on Saturday night?? They can keep it on even longer if their enjoying the attention :D

Top shout Dave, although I do think Danny (bluewolf) would suit it the best, don't ask me why. :whistle:

Thanks for all the kind thoughts,everyone. I'm sure Birchy (ice,ice baby),feels the same.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
amazing event. top marks to LB and birchy plus all the captains who have looked after us so well. glad to be a part of this and it just looks like it will grow and grow.

the oul golf courses havnt been too bad either. ;) my apologies on behalf of the lee park contingent in advance. lee park does not boast some of the amazing scenery we have had the pleasure of enjoying over the last few months but it is no less a challenge in golfing terms.

beware getting short sided as a lot of the greens are raised and also plenty have run off areas which make it so so hard to get up and down from.

see you all on Saturday. best of luck folks and enjoy :) :)

ps- scouser for low card of the day. you heard it here first :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top shout Dave, although I do think Danny (bluewolf) would suit it the best, don't ask me why. :whistle:

Oy, whats that supposed to mean? No one would look good in that monstrosity....
Oh, and I agree about the worst net score from Saturdays round wearing the cap for the early part of the night...Scouse would look lovely in it, and he wouldnt have the ale to make him feel better either...;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oy, whats that supposed to mean? No one would look good in that monstrosity....
Oh, and I agree about the worst net score from Saturdays round wearing the cap for the early part of the night...Scouse would look lovely in it, and he wouldnt have the ale to make him feel better either...;)

I think it's the jaunty angle that you wear yours at.:eek:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1. My apologies on behalf of the lee park contingent in advance. lee park does not boast some of the amazing scenery we have had the pleasure of enjoying over the last few months but it is no less a challenge in golfing terms.

2. Beware getting short sided as a lot of the greens are raised and also plenty have run off areas which make it so so hard to get up and down from.

1. Agreed, Lee park is definitely the lesser of our esteemed courses, it beat Chorley in the vote though.....

2. Ooh, you lying hound, only the odd one.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1. Agreed, Lee park is definitely the lesser of our esteemed courses, it beat Chorley in the vote though.....

2. Ooh, you lying hound, only the odd one.

2. I beg to differ. most are raised a few feet. get short sided on those and its quite tough to get close with v.little green to work with. this is very much the case with comp day pins.

plenty of the greens have runs offs aswell. you are well used to them now pete. they can be a bugger.

scouser has had a course management epiphany. watch him build a score on Saturday.

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wouldnt be seen dead in one of them at the moment pal :rofl:

Bloody turncoat - man up, best club in the world :eek:oo::p:whistle:

Just want to back up what's already been said - it's been hard work and stressful at times (thanks Dan), but totally worth it.
I've played some great courses, seen and played some great (and not so great) golf.
But mostly met a bunch of top people who, like Karl says would get in touch for a round any time.
Looking forward to seeing you all again on Saturday and afterwards kicking around some ideas for next year :cool:
Big thanks to Peter, Scott the other captains and everyone for making the effort to play - wouldn't have worked otherwise :thup:

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
LB just to let I won't be dining with you afterwards as i said Julie and I are out saturday night at a Northern soul do.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Be lucky if is on if the weather is like it is here in Manchester. A lot was put down last night by the look of it and its hammering down now and looks pretty set in for the day!

M60 was like a river on the way to office this morning and fields were very wet when I took the dog out this morning.

Weather report from Liverpool?? :D