GM Testing Panel Update

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Now that we are six months into the year i think its time for an update from the Testing Panel, especially from thise who tested the equipment in Jan and Feb.

I will start--I tested the Taylor Made Burner Draw Driver in January. At that stage it was used only once on the course due to the poor weather conditions.

The driver is still in the bag and overall I am happy with the club-naturally as a 20 handicapper i do hit the odd poor drive off the tee, which is purely down to my timing, however, when i get the timing right the drives are long and generally find the fairway.

Any one else willing to provide an update on their testing.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not difficult for me. Tested Topflite balls, lost them all eventually, not bought any since though may try them again in Winter.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the chance to try the Ping G10 3 wood and I loved it so much I bought the driver and got shot of Cheryl.

The wee 3 wood is good off the deck and of a peg but I hate to admit it .... I have put a 5ky m4rk on it.

It will be on my bag for a long time to come.

Sorry !!!!!!!!

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Im certainly available to test, but not really sure what it entails as I've never done it before.

Although given my handicap is 20 and I certainly don't have the complete swing yet, I'm not sure what use I'd be testing and reviewing to others.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
From what I remember last time they had nearly 1000 volunteers and with only a few used each month.......

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I emailed them ages ago letting them know that if they needed any testing, I wouldn't mind but only if they really twisted my arm as I... what am i talking about, i was almost on my knee's....

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I volunteered when they did it before but didn't get selected. Hopefully next time I'll have some more luck- I think they should share the testing around and let those who haven't done it before have a go ;)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I tried the Yes! Tiffany and found it to be a great peice of kit once I got past the looks of the thing. I ordered a head cover from Yes! and found their customer service just as good as there products.

I am free to test again if needed.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I loved the TM Burner TP driver but alas it was too much for a man with a bad back as it needed a tour-player swing speed.

I ebayed it and got £182 which I donated to Great Ormond Street and The Oliver Fisher Neo-Natal unit.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats really great MJW, Top bloke! Only golfers have this sort of life ettiquette don't they! lol

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mizuno mp600 driver as per my sig, Great driver, anyone who says mizuno arnt up there in the driver stakes is talking out of their arses.
My average has increased, my consistency has increased and I can fade, draw, hit it straight (most of the time), my previous drivers just didnt inspire confidence like this one, And I am yet to even touch the fast track weights on it, they have been parked in neutral since it left GM towers.
My fourball partners are still every bit as narked off as when it first arrived, some absolutely huge drives has had one remarking that he is writing a letter to GM to take it back.