GM King Of Kings Competition 2014- YOUR VIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Could do with someone covering the North East, although I know they have an active scene already, but it would be great to get them represented.

Think Scotland will be fine. Everyone will chip in with sharing cars and we'll meet in a central location.

Just hold off on the regional threads yet PJ. Just a couple of things to sort out but we'll be good to go later on today.

when you say a central location i hope you don't just mean Glasgow or Edinburgh.... thats not central.

How about Aviemore?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
when you say a central location i hope you don't just mean Glasgow or Edinburgh.... thats not central.

How about Aviemore?

We'll leave that discussion for the regional thread if that's OK? I'm sure we'll be able to arrange something which pleases the majority. However, compromises must be made- it's only natural that some people would prefer a different date, time, location, course, price bracket, playing partner etc etc.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

How about Aviemore?

As a soft southerner I'm not fully conversant with the weather in Scotland but I do remember going skiing at easter a couple of years ago in Aviemore. I think easter was early that year but even so, if as suggested the matches need to be played by the end of March what are the chances of getting a game in at Aviemore by then? Has anyone checked the damage done to greens by the new Adizero Snow Shoe design from Adidas?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As a soft southerner I'm not fully conversant with the weather in Scotland but I do remember going skiing at easter a couple of years ago in Aviemore. I think easter was early that year but even so, if as suggested the matches need to be played by the end of March what are the chances of getting a game in at Aviemore by then? Has anyone checked the damage done to greens by the new Adizero Snow Shoe design from Adidas?

Aviemore was a joke, though sometimes March in the HIghlands can be fairly mild.. its not snowing here all the time.

Ive played Boat a few times in March and its been OK, and Spey Valley too though once, the day before the Castle Stuart meet was the coldest ive ever been on a golf course before or since.

D

Deleted member 17920

Am I reading this right that Coventry would fall into East Mids, I could go to London and back in the time it would take me to get to Lincoln!

Is their not a West Midlands/Warwickshire, if so I'd be happy to run/front it otherwise I'd look to go into another area that's easier to drive to.
To be honest when the section is created and we work out who is in the East Mids section it doesn't have to be Woodhall we go for as I know the location doesn't suit everyone. I am quite happy to speak to another club to get us a decent deal that would be better location wise :thup:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Happy to take on a "Central" West Midlands/Warwickshire Region, can you suggest its borders?

Nope as Geography is lost on me!!!! All I would say is that because you have put your head above the parapet, YOU get to decide what course to play so have a good think about where you'd get a good deal and on your regional match thread, you can just go about collecting names and deposits.

Thanks for volunteering Fish!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Nope as Geography is lost on me!!!! All I would say is that because you have put your head above the parapet, YOU get to decide what course to play so have a good think about where you'd get a good deal and on your regional match thread, you can just go about collecting names and deposits.

Thanks for volunteering Fish!

When do we start the Regional Match Thread/Topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.